Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Attractive Are You? (By Science) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Look man that's way too much effort. At the end of the day I told a girl she was hot yesterday and she didn't recoil in horror, that's enough validation for me.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    Doesn't take into account the state of your teeth, skin, disfigurements etc. Sounds harsh but just arguing my point that symmetry isn't everything. A perfectly symmetrical snail is still a snail, perhaps that's slightly off beat 😂
    Teeth and skin I'll give you that. Even if one had a problem with those they can be fixed tbh. But disfigurements? Nope, there won't be symmetry if there are any disfigurements

ReputationRep:
    I swear there’s an app that does the whole golden ratio measuring thing for you :laugh:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    According to science the perfect 10 doesn't exist. I'm sorry

You could still be 9.99 I guess

well i will defy science in this case

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored af at 1:20 am.

Got 8.7.

ReputationRep:
    This is broken, doesn't work... Got a 1.675 average, so my score is supposedly above the maximum...

ReputationRep:
    This is very interesting. I'll do it when I get some measuring tape.

ReputationRep:
    Teeth and skin I'll give you that. Even if one had a problem with those they can be fixed tbh. But disfigurements? Nope, there won't be symmetry if there are any disfigurements
    Perfect symmetrical disfigurements on both sides, anything could technically be 'fixed' but this mean average would still could give a good ratio with these features prevalent. ;p
    Not that it matters, we may agree to disagree haha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Perfect symmetrical disfigurements on both sides, anything could technically be 'fixed' but this mean average would still could give a good ratio with these features prevalent. ;p
    Not that it matters, we may agree to disagree haha
    you sure love oxymorons lol. Can you give an example of "perfect symmetrical disfigurements" in a human being? Just one would be enough
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Look man that's way too much effort. At the end of the day I told a girl she was hot yesterday and she didn't recoil in horror, that's enough validation for me.
    Did you get dem digits?

ReputationRep:
    I have way too much time on my hands so I unearthed my tape measure just for this.

Using your calculation I'm around 6.79/10, though this may be slightly inaccurate as I only had a straight tape measure.

Let's hope people think I have a good personality.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    This is broken, doesn't work... Got a 1.675 average, so my score is supposedly above the maximum...
    Maybe you've done some of the measurements and calculations wrongly
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claros)
    I have way too much time on my hands so I unearthed my tape measure just for this.

Using your calculation I'm around 6.79/10, though this may be slightly inaccurate as I only had a straight tape measure.

Let's hope people think I have a good personality.
    This is just objectively by science though. Doesn't mean that people won't find you subjectively attractive the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is true (although it does sound bent af)

ReputationRep:
    This is just objectively by science though. Doesn't mean that people won't find you subjectively attractive the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is true (although it does sound bent af)
    To be fair this is actually higher than I would rate myself personally. :giggle: But you're right about beauty being subjective!

ReputationRep:
    I think im quite attractive lol, had a premier league footballer, DM me for my number, only for him to block me when my reply to his question what do you do was GCSEs
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    I think im quite attractive lol, had a premier league footballer, DM me for my number, only for him to block me when my reply to his question what do you do was GCSEs
    LOL😂😂 Man didn't wanna risk it

ReputationRep:
    you sure love oxymorons lol. Can you give an example of "perfect symmetrical disfigurements" in a human being? Just one would be enough
    As in the disfigurement being the same on both sides, mirrored. So I don't offend anyone I'll make up the example of having a hole in both cheeks, mirrored. xD
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As in the disfigurement being the same on both sides, mirrored. So I don't offend anyone I'll make up the example of having a hole in both cheeks, mirrored. xD
    You mean a hole as if in skin missing or a hole due to low body fat and cheeks sunked in? Because I think that's quite an attractive look and a lot of models have it😂😂 But I get what you mean. It's just a small probability for a symetrical disfigurement on both sides though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    Pics? Was he even hotter than me?

ReputationRep:
    That's a lot of effort xD
    What if you have a really well proportioned face but the features themselves were Shrek-like? ;p
    But shrek is beautiful....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.