Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have my driving test booked for next Wednesday and I've had about 36 hours of driving lessons for this. I have felt quite confident in my last few lessons and I am able to drive quite well, although I still make small mistakes every now and then such as not checking my mirror for cyclists when driving around parked cars..

Anyway, I previously had a test booked for the 24th October, but my driving instructor was quite sure I wasn't ready and told me to cancel/change to a later date. Since then I have gained much more skill and although I thank her for teaching me, she wasn't the nicest instructor. I felt bullied and almost like I'd paid the woman £400 to shout at me each lesson when I was trying my best. I even broke into tears behind the wheel one lesson after her name calling and saying I'd suffered 'a blonde moment'. I can do all my manovers and I personally feel like I can drive alright. For this test next Wednesday I have found a different instructor however he comes with a different car obviously. I had my first lesson with him on Friday and I made so many stupid mistakes because I was in a car I haven't learnt in, and told me I'd been taught how to drive on the manovers wrong. (I'd been taught clutch and foot break for manovers, instead he says it should be clutch and gas pedals). It's really thrown me off and I'm extremely nervous I'm going to fail.

I couldn't try the test with my old female instructor because she lives around the corner and she seemed to keep finding something to make me pay for further lessons when I personally feel ready after 36.

But now I've changed instructor and have just 3 hours practice left in a different car I am so bloody nervous, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I feel sick, I keep panicking. I wish I could cancel it again but with the test changing on the 3rd December I'm running out of time to try the test that I've learnt for!

Sorry for the rant, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Can you take any more lessons to just build your confidence up a bit more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Can you take any more lessons to just build your confidence up a bit more?
    I would but the instructor doesn't have any more availability before my test, today is my last 2 hours of driving before the test
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.