Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right. I know this is weird, but bare with me. I was running, and my leather card holder with everything inside falls out my pocket, and basically onto some dog poo. It wasn't completely on it, but like a corner was, but it was also raining so the poo wasn't exactly completely solid. I have contamination OCD, so I have no trust in my brain whatsoever, as it always exaggerates everything, and I want to overcome it, so I want to know what a person that isn't OCD would do? Shall I get a new holder and replace all the cards with new ones, or maybe I could get some dettol wipes and clean it? Or maybe there's something else you would do. Weird question but I need help thanks.

ReputationRep:
    you mean your wallet? ... if my wallet fell in dog poop (even just the corner) i would probably buy a new one they aren't that expensive...yours might be idk >_< as for the cards inside i would assume they were fine (protected by the wallet) so wouldn't replace those. Alternatively you could just clean it like you said...but tbh i'd rather have a nice fresh wallet than one i would always associate with dog poop!

(Original post by Froppy)
    you mean your wallet? ... if my wallet fell in dog poop (even just the corner) i would probably buy a new one they aren't that expensive...yours might be idk >_< as for the cards inside i would assume they were fine (protected by the wallet) so wouldn't replace those. Alternatively you could just clean it like you said...but tbh i'd rather have a nice fresh wallet than one i would always associate with dog poop!
    Thank you. It was a card holder where the cards like partly stick out at the top. Idk you might call it a wallet haha. It cost me £40 . So you would get new everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you. It was a card holder where the cards like partly stick out at the top. Idk you might call it a wallet haha. It cost me £40 . So you would get new everything?
    £40 is expensive! o_O ...i would just get a cheap replacement one though unless you want to splash out another £40. >_< Just did a google search on "card holder" to see what you meant, the cards would be quite exposed . Depends which way up it landed and if anyone of the cards touched the poop lol. If they didn't touch the poop i see no reason to replace them.

(Original post by Froppy)
    £40 is expensive! o_O ...i would just get a cheap replacement one though unless you want to splash out another £40. >_< Just did a google search on "card holder" to see what you meant, the cards would be quite exposed . Depends which way up it landed and if anyone of the cards touched the poop lol. If they didn't touch the poop i see no reason to replace them.
    Yeah the corner that did touch was where the cards were exposed ffs. Gonna have to fork out another £40 . Thanks for the guidance.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I would just clean it vigorously with some cleaning products then continue using it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.