Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    a couple park up and nip into a shop for a few minutes, on returning to their car they notice a civil enforcement officer(ceo) writing out a pcn. the ceo tells the passenger(p) that he has just been given a ticket(with a smile).p then says 'oh you are joking, we have only been a minute'
    ceo. you have been more than a minute, it is on the ticket.

p. oh you love it dont you.

ceo. (abruptly walks to towards p) no need for sarcasm sir.

p. im not being sarcastic, it is a fact.

ceo. it is an offence to threaten a ceo. would you like me to call the police sir.? (pointing at p, approaching him and repeating himself about the police).

p. what are you approaching me for. and dont wave your f%^&ing fingers at me.

the driver then stands between p and ceo and takes the ticket from the waving fingers of the ceo. 'thank you' says the ceo.

the driver tells p to get into the car.

ceo. would you like me to call the police sir
    would you like me to call the police sir

p puts the items bought in the shop in the car, proceeds to get in the car.

ceo. would you like me to call the police sir.

p. i dont give a [email protected]** what you do, would you like me to knock you out.
    gets in the car and they drive away.

now p has since had a visit from the local constabulary in regards to committing an offence where the ceo was abused and feared for his safety.

p is to be charged and will have to attend a magistrates court. should he plead guilty or should he fight his corner due to the ceo being antagonistic and perhaps even abusing his power.?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Your best bet is to seek legal advice, were their any witnesses other than the driver?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    And I’m sorry that you have ended up in such a cruddy situation. Sounds like the ceo was a complete jobsworth who is in the wrong line of work if they can’t handle a bit of swearing!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You can't threaten to knock someone out just because they're winding you up, it turns out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    You can't threaten to knock someone out just because they're winding you up, it turns out.
    Who'd have thought it eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Sounds like the passenger may be convicted of an offence, so should seek legal advice.

I expect if there had been an appeal against the parking ticket it could have been successful, even if just on grounds of being there only for one minute or no previous tickets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.