Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been talking to this guy since april this year, so its been 7 months now. We used to talk everyday on all social medias since he is in another country. He always seems to be busy and earlier on in our relationship I would get angry at this but he would act like I was giving him **** that he didnt want to hear, making me feel bad and apologising in the end.

Bg info: I come from a strict family so at around august time when I got my results my phone was taken off me fully and they found out about this guy I was talking to and took all my gadgets from me..

The only way I could talk to him was through skype and he knew that but he would take one or two days to reply and his messages all the time would be "sorry I was busy" and I would forgive him because I thought he was telling the truth. And i kept waiting and waiting all the time.
    3 weeks ago was the last time I heard from him which was a sorry message from him for not replying. I tried to start a conversation with how are you and hope for a reply the next day but it had been 4 days and no reply.
    I used my windows 10 laptop to log into instagram and check if he was active in which he was so I asked him "is there a reason why youre ignoring me" and he didnt reply so after a day I told him how I felt. I said "I dont know what the **** is wrong with you but seriously? Its been 2 weeks. if you didnt want to talk to me anymore you could have at least told me but come on" Or something along the lines of that

And guess what his reply was? "This isnt (insert his name) but I will let him know"

I thought his parents had his phone or something I was scared so I blocked him but after a day I unblocked and realised it was him because he was replying to comment in the way he replies.

What should I do? I really really love him but I know he doesnt give a **** about me and it hurts but I wish I could tell him what Im going through. Also please dont tell me to ignore him and move on because Im trying to do that and its not working.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I know it isn't what you want to hear, but are you sure this guy is worth it? It sounds like only you are doing anything, and he doesn't put as much effort into the relationship or communicating with you. It could be that he is genuinely busy but he should consider your feelings and try to talk, or at least give an explanation as to why he acts this way. It doesn't help that he is in another country as well - the distance keeps you apart in reality and you can only communicate online.

You have to ask yourself, what do you want from this relationship and what future do you see for the two of you. You need to talk to this guy and figure this out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I know it isn't what you want to hear, but are you sure this guy is worth it? It sounds like only you are doing anything, and he doesn't put as much effort into the relationship or communicating with you. It could be that he is genuinely busy but he should consider your feelings and try to talk, or at least give an explanation as to why he acts this way. It doesn't help that he is in another country as well - the distance keeps you apart in reality and you can only communicate online.

You have to ask yourself, what do you want from this relationship and what future do you see for the two of you. You need to talk to this guy and figure this out.
    All I want to do is to have one last conversation but he wont let me..He is avoiding me as much as possible and I feel like the more I try to get into contact with him the more I am making things worse.
    I am a broken soul and I feel so low but I dont want to blame him for making me feel this way. I am trying to talk to him but he is avoiding me how would I get past that? Thank you for your reply btw

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigi77774)
    All I want to do is to have one last conversation but he wont let me..He is avoiding me as much as possible and I feel like the more I try to get into contact with him the more I am making things worse.
    I am a broken soul and I feel so low but I dont want to blame him for making me feel this way. I am trying to talk to him but he is avoiding me how would I get past that? Thank you for your reply btw
    There is no way to make him talk to you if he doesn't want to. I don't think you should keep hanging onto the idea of this, or of you and him together. Do you have friends who support you? Why not keep yourself busy with your friends and your hobbies? Find what makes you happy outside of him and distract your mind from thinking about him. With time, it will hurt less. The way he treated you was awful, he doesn't deserve to affect the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    There is no way to make him talk to you if he doesn't want to. I don't think you should keep hanging onto the idea of this, or of you and him together. Do you have friends who support you? Why not keep yourself busy with your friends and your hobbies? Find what makes you happy outside of him and distract your mind from thinking about him. With time, it will hurt less. The way he treated you was awful, he doesn't deserve to affect the rest of your life.
    But I dont understand why he doesnt want to it just doesnt make sense :/
    Its sad because its like he lied about everything and his love
    I am trying to do that now and not think about this and just work hard in my a levels

Thank you so much for this seriously it helped me wake up a bit

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.