Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does Cambridge not require proof of work experience when invited to interview? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was looking through their site and unlike other unis they don't appear to have a form that asks for contact details of the guy I did work experience with

ReputationRep:
    Im not really sure but if you metion work experience in your personal statement, when it comes to the interview im sure they'll ask many questions on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notoo)
    I was looking through their site and unlike other unis they don't appear to have a form that asks for contact details of the guy I did work experience with
    No one checks with work experience whether you have done it with them, unless there is a serious suspicious of lying in your PS. You are strongly advised not to lie though. There is just too much work involved in checking with every institution. Remember medicine is based on trust, and the GMC is very hot on probity issues.

ReputationRep:
    If you get caught cheating it's all over for you as theres so much competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    No one checks with work experience whether you have done it with them, unless there is a serious suspicious of lying in your PS. You are strongly advised not to lie though. There is just too much work involved in checking with every institution. Remember medicine is based on trust, and the GMC is very hot on probity issues.

you didn't really answer my question - if anything you appear to imply that I might have something to hide/I'm lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notoo)
    you didn't really answer my question - if anything you appear to imply that I might have something to hide/I'm lying
    It's the way you asked and it's not just me assuming - see the post below me. At the end of the day, if they don't have a form they trust you. But you can bet you'll be asked about it.

ReputationRep:
    It's the way you asked and it's not just me assuming - see the post below me. At the end of the day, if they don't have a form they trust you. But you can bet you'll be asked about it.
    And what way is that exactly? I specifically said that 'other unis do have a form and Cambridge doesn't- why is that?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notoo)
    And what way is that exactly? I specifically said that 'other unis do have a form and Cambridge doesn't- why is that?'
    How am I / other posters supposed to know? Go and ask the Cambridge admission tutor? Plus why are you just quoting me - another person say you may get caught cheating?!

Also you didn't specifically say 'other unis do have a form and Cambridge doesn't- why is that?' in your OP. You only asked "does Cambridge not require proof" - which can be taken very differently.

I am not here to look for an argument. Stop picking fights and listen to the advice here.

ReputationRep:
    How am I / other posters supposed to know? Go and ask the Cambridge admission tutor? Plus why are you just quoting me - another person say you may get caught cheating?!

Also you didn't specifically say 'other unis do have a form and Cambridge doesn't- why is that?' in your OP. You only asked "does Cambridge not require proof" - which can be taken very differently.

I am not here to look for an argument. Stop picking fights and listen to the advice here.
    actually he has said it in OP:

1. I was looking through their site and unlike other unis they don't appear to have a form that asks for contact details of the guy I did work experience with

he said it- also I'm surprised a person with such poor communication skills was allowed to interview medicine applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carraiga)

1. I was looking through their site and unlike other unis they don't appear to have a form that asks for contact details of the guy I did work experience with

he said it- also I'm surprised a person with such poor communication skills was allowed to interview medicine applicants
    Nice of you to register just to say that.

ReputationRep:

Lol now we established you and natoo are the same person, and yet you refer to yourself as the third person. And you are questioning about other people's communication skills.

ReputationRep:
    Lol now we established you and natoo are the same person, and yet you refer to yourself as the third person. And you are questioning about other people's communication skills.
    is there any convention that states I can't talk in 3rd person about myself? as far as I'm aware there isn't

ReputationRep:
    They can ask about it later if they want.

No med school routinely checks every placement for every candidate - its too much work. It's cases of suspicion and a few random spot checks only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    They can ask about it later if they want.

No med school routinely checks every placement for every candidate - its too much work. It's cases of suspicion and a few random spot checks only.
    what's this then?

https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...-interview.php

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they do not check, perhaps unless your doing an MBA in which work experience is strictly required so they may ask for a reference but I still do not think they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAA9)
    Yeah they do not check, perhaps unless your doing an MBA in which work experience is strictly required so they may ask for a reference but I still do not think they do.
    see above

ReputationRep:
    see above
    Oh I was just talking about courses in general, for medicine yes I have heard that it may be required but for courses like Economics, Finance etc and 95% of other courses it is not required.

ReputationRep:
    what's this then?

https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...-interview.php

A declaration that you are being truthful, and then contact details in case they want them.

Are you trying to make some kind of point or..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    A declaration that you are being truthful, and then contact details in case they want them.

Are you trying to make some kind of point or..?
    Huh I guess that doesn't constitute proof

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way

You lie on your personal statement.

You are basically done for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.