Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Is this good or bad from your guys perspective?

Profile - University of Warwick: Politics and IS
    Overall grade so far 69%
    Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern
    A-Level - 3 A's (Eng Lit, Philosophy, Politics)

What does everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crichards3)
    Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Is this good or bad from your guys perspective?

Profile - University of Warwick: Politics and IS
    Overall grade so far 69%
    Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern
    A-Level - 3 A's (Eng Lit, Philosophy, Politics)

What does everyone think?

I dont think thats bad i have not received anything and i have applied to the same program in mid october. A considerable number of people usually decline their offers so there is a good chance you will get their seat. Fingers crossed for both of us and when did you exactly get your acknowledgment mail?

ReputationRep:
    For me I think it’s a good sign as they tend to appreciate your academic profile but just need a bit of time to digest all information and make a final decision.

In my case I waited all the way from beginning of October to end of January with no news or update and the offer accidentally arrived at the beginning of February.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, It’s the same here. I applied LSE MSc IR in late October, and received a notification email that they are putting me on a waiting list. The email said that they want to gain more understanding about the applicant pool this year. I assume it is the exact same email. Fingers crossed. I’m from the University of British Columbia in Canada.

ReputationRep:
    I have just received the same email saying that I have been put on a waiting list as they want to understand the applicant pool. As they have a rolling system, it makes sense for them to need more time to appreciate the pool of candidates before rushing any decisions. Good luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laiane)
    I have just received the same email saying that I have been put on a waiting list as they want to understand the applicant pool. As they have a rolling system, it makes sense for them to need more time to appreciate the pool of candidates before rushing any decisions. Good luck to everyone.
    I thought that LSE send out emails and update LSE for you on Fridays only. Did you receive your email today or was it send last Friday and you have seen it now?

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think it is true. I have received mine on Thursday morning.

(Original post by AAA9)
    I thought that LSE send out emails and update LSE for you on Fridays only. Did you receive your email today or was it send last Friday and you have seen it now?

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine they send out emails as they go along? I check my emails daily and their email was definitely received today.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.