Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Is this good or bad from your guys perspective?

Profile - University of Warwick: Politics and IS
    Overall grade so far 69%
    Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern
    A-Level - 3 A's (Eng Lit, Philosophy, Politics)

What does everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crichards3)
    Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Is this good or bad from your guys perspective?

Profile - University of Warwick: Politics and IS
    Overall grade so far 69%
    Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern
    A-Level - 3 A's (Eng Lit, Philosophy, Politics)

What does everyone think?

I dont think thats bad i have not received anything and i have applied to the same program in mid october. A considerable number of people usually decline their offers so there is a good chance you will get their seat. Fingers crossed for both of us and when did you exactly get your acknowledgment mail?

ReputationRep:
    For me I think it’s a good sign as they tend to appreciate your academic profile but just need a bit of time to digest all information and make a final decision.

In my case I waited all the way from beginning of October to end of January with no news or update and the offer accidentally arrived at the beginning of February.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, It’s the same here. I applied LSE MSc IR in late October, and received a notification email that they are putting me on a waiting list. The email said that they want to gain more understanding about the applicant pool this year. I assume it is the exact same email. Fingers crossed. I’m from the University of British Columbia in Canada.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.