Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At work my friend says it is, I personally enjoy talking and having a chat with people. At work for example if its like at the vending machine or in the kitchen I always have a chat with someone so long as they are a familier face and dont act arrogant I think its fine.

My friend says I should wait till they talk to me first and that talking to people is trying too hard.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by redleader1)
    At work my friend says it is, I personally enjoy talking and having a chat with people. At work for example if its like at the vending machine or in the kitchen I always have a chat with someone so long as they are a familier face and dont act arrogant I think its fine.

My friend says I should wait till they talk to me first and that talking to people is trying too hard.
    If two people were waiting for the other to make the first move... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    there's nothing wrong with striking up a conversation with someone. i do it sometimes too even though i'm generally a shy person. especially if i'm familiar with the person, i feel like it's kind of rude to not say anything when you see them. so i'll ask them how they are doing and things like that.

if i know that someone is going through a difficult time with something in their life, i will make sure to ask them if they are ok and if they need any help. just showing genuine concern and things like that because i really do care about people.

as far as strangers go, i sometimes talk to them too....i was on the train yesterday and the girl standing in front of me had a very cute keychain so i told her that and we talked for like 10 minutes until we both had to get off at our stops lol but i mostly talk to girls though. i don't really strike up conversations with men i don't know.

so to answer your question, no it isn't weird to talk to people. it shows them that you care about them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.