Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im in my AS year at school and i need out of school on Wednesday and Thursday.

I was thinking of writing a note to explain this and giving it to my head of year but since I'm in sixth year do you think I should write it myself or get my mum to write it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’d say write it yourself, Sixth forms tend to want students to take responsibility.
    Does your sixth form not have a standard procedure for booking days off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    I’d say write it yourself, Sixth forms tend to want students to take responsibility.
    Does your sixth form not have a standard procedure for booking days off?
    no I don't think so. I just hand a note in and explain that I need the day off. yeah I want to write it myself but I'm worried they won't accept it. it's just I had a few days off in September due to illness and my mum wrote my absence note then

ReputationRep:
    Write it yourself. In my school if we needed days off for a legitimate reason (e.g. a vital appointment that cannot be made outside of school (so not dentist or doctors, more like hospital appointments) or a driving test (not a driving lesson)) then we filled out a form and needed a signature of the head of year to authorise it. What is the reason you can't be in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Write it yourself. In my school if we needed days off for a legitimate reason (e.g. a vital appointment that cannot be made outside of school (so not dentist or doctors, more like hospital appointments) or a driving test (not a driving lesson)) then we filled out a form and needed a signature of the head of year to authorise it. What is the reason you can't be in?
    I have a job interview and then I have to attend a sporting activity on Thursday. I'm pretty sure it you're at a job interview the school record you in SIMS as work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apple2017)
    I have a job interview and then I have to attend a sporting activity on Thursday. I'm pretty sure it you're at a job interview the school record you in SIMS as work experience?
    Not in my school. A job interview can be arranged outside of school hours, e.g. after 4pm. Also it isn't work experience because you aren't working. However, your school might be different. Also surely you don't need the entire day off school for a job interview, unless it's not a local job.

A sporting event is a fine reason for not attending, just write the details about it so they know it's real and they should be fine with it.

ReputationRep:
    Not in my school. A job interview can be arranged outside of school hours, e.g. after 4pm. Also it isn't work experience because you aren't working. However, your school might be different. Also surely you don't need the entire day off school for a job interview, unless it's not a local job.

A sporting event is a fine reason for not attending, just write the details about it so they know it's real and they should be fine with it.
    I've no idea tbh, I looked up the department of Education attendance codes and it said code W (work experience) should be used if someone is at a job interview.

yeah I'm going going to go in for a few hours and then leave early

ReputationRep:

oops, read the wrong thing. apparently they mark you as code J if you're out at a job interview which counts on your attendance as being present. I just don't want to be marked absent that's all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.