Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First World Problems - I haven’t got a Prom date?? Watch

Right. I know that this is such a petty thing to be worried about, but I am.

Basically, all of my friends have prom dates. Like America, (but not as severe) our school presses on having a prom date and we start formal dance lessons soon.

But I have no one to dance with.

I wouldn’t class myself as ugly, cause a lot of my friends say that I’m fit (THE CRINGE OF WRITING THAT OMFG JSKSJS IMMA KMS LMAO) and I’m not thick because I’m at the top of the majority of my classes (apart from maths and science - they can leave 😂). So I have no idea why I literally have no male friends and why I’ve been single throughout high school... I’ve asked my friends and they say that I may be a bit intimidating cause I’m so focused on school - but I like to think I’m friendly to everyone.

Idk, I just don’t want to be at prom sitting there like a right spud on my own😂. If anyone can shed any light or perhaps relate to me it’d be very much appreciated 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't go. This is an American tradition. We have voted to take back control. That does not mean aping US traditions as if we were the 51st state.

(Original post by KingHarold)
    Don't go. This is an American tradition. We have voted to take back control. That does not mean aping US traditions as if we were the 51st state.
    I’m definitely going to go to prom. Don’t you think that even the most british things (like tea) originate from other countries. The prom is a great way to celebrate your 5 years at high school: American or not.

You really don't need a prom date ! Just because your friends have doesn't mean you do too. There will loads of people without a prom date so uno relax man

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You really don't need a prom date ! Just because your friends have doesn't mean you do too. There will loads of people without a prom date so uno relax man
    true true... it’s a bit awks but o well 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right. I know that this is such a petty thing to be worried about, but I am.

Basically, all of my friends have prom dates. Like America, (but not as severe) our school presses on having a prom date and we start formal dance lessons soon.

But I have no one to dance with.

I wouldn’t class myself as ugly, cause a lot of my friends say that I’m fit (THE CRINGE OF WRITING THAT OMFG JSKSJS IMMA KMS LMAO) and I’m not thick because I’m at the top of the majority of my classes (apart from maths and science - they can leave 😂). So I have no idea why I literally have no male friends and why I’ve been single throughout high school... I’ve asked my friends and they say that I may be a bit intimidating cause I’m so focused on school - but I like to think I’m friendly to everyone.

Idk, I just don’t want to be at prom sitting there like a right spud on my own😂. If anyone can shed any light or perhaps relate to me it’d be very much appreciated 😂
    The library may have single people

ReputationRep:
    Wow dance lessons? At my school we weren't even sure if there was going to be a prom until halfway through the year and even then, no one took a prom date unless they already had a boy/girlfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.