Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How not to be an annoying girlfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a month now and I fell like I'm being annoying.

I send quotes I find cute too him but I feel like it's irritating him. I try and text him as much as I can just telling him how much I love him but some times I don't get a response.

So how do I act cute but don't annoy him?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    maybe ask if he's ok , he could be going through some things in his life therefore he dosen't want to talk to anyone , either that or give him some time , he'll text back sooner or later
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between being annoying and being clingy. Annoying isn't so bad but clingy can put people off.

If you find yourself continuously sending him messages throughout the day about how you love him then you need to ease up on that. At least limit it to once a day. He already knows you love him and besides, it's better to show that you love him rather than just saying it over text.

ReputationRep:
    If you're in a relationship, he likes you for you - there's no need for you to 'act cute'. For the same reason, you don't have to constantly affirm your love to him on the daily, or send him cute quotes. He may feel suffocated (this is the quickest way to repel someone, btw), and might want you to stop.

I'd say tone down on that and texting as a whole - we all need our space, even in relationships.

You got this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    maybe ask if he's ok , he could be going through some things in his life therefore he dosen't want to talk to anyone , either that or give him some time , he'll text back sooner or later
    We spent yesterday together. Maybe I'm too eager?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrythomas14)
    If you're in a relationship, he likes you for you - there's no need for you to 'act cute'. For the same reason, you don't have to constantly affirm your love to him on the daily, or send him cute quotes. He may feel suffocated (this is the quickest way to repel someone, btw), and might want you to stop.

I'd say tone down on that and texting as a whole - we all need our space, even in relationships.

You got this.
    Thank you! This was surprisingly helpful. It's my first so I'm getting used to it all

ReputationRep:
    Just annoy him, because if he's your bf he should put up with it and just be cute naturally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    Just annoy him, because if he's your bf he should put up with it and just be cute naturally
    Haha thanks! I'll keep it in mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixie_Me)
    Thank you! This was surprisingly helpful. It's my first so I'm getting used to it all
    No worries - I remember my first relationship...I was clueless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrythomas14)
    No worries - I remember my first relationship...I was clueless!
    Easy to get like that though

ReputationRep:
    We spent yesterday together. Maybe I'm too eager?
    he could be tired maybe ?

ReputationRep:
    he could be tired maybe ?
    Tired of what?

ReputationRep:
    Idk but ik that quotes every day would annoy me too

ReputationRep:
    Tired of what?
    from yesterday

ReputationRep:
    from yesterday
    Possibly?

ReputationRep:
    It's a generalisation I know:-
    but in my experience girls tend to be more in touch with emotion, verbal, high communication skills and love talking, gossip etc etc whereas boys are more simple creatures, we enjoy physical, visual, lower level communication, minimal interest in gossip etc
    Tone down the messaging (less is more) and your into a winner! He will love you more for it!

As a side issue, One massive factor about girls I personally find really annoying is female subtle communication. By this I mean certain looks, non verbal communication that guys are supposed to telepathically get. Guys respond better to direct instruction. As I say, we are simpler creatures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Idk but ik that quotes every day would annoy me too
    They're not everyday.. that would annoy me let alone him 😂

ReputationRep:
    Possibly?
    just give him some time , he'll come around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LsDad)
    It's a generalisation I know:-
    but in my experience girls tend to be more in touch with emotion, verbal, high communication skills and love talking, gossip etc etc whereas boys are more simple creatures, we enjoy physical, visual, lower level communication, minimal interest in gossip etc
    Tone down the messaging (less is more) and your into a winner! He will love you more for it!

As a side issue, One massive factor about girls I personally find really annoying is female subtle communication. By this I mean certain looks, non verbal communication that guys are supposed to telepathically get. Guys respond better to direct instruction. As I say, we are simpler creatures.
    Thanks this is really helpful. I'm not a gossip girl anyways, if anything he is 😂. "less is more" got it!

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a month now and I fell like I'm being annoying.

I send quotes I find cute too him but I feel like it's irritating him. I try and text him as much as I can just telling him how much I love him but some times I don't get a response.

So how do I act cute but don't annoy him?
    Just be yourself and he will appreciate that. Nothing wrong with being cute and sending those kind of messages and quotes - hey I have been with my bf now for almost 3 years and I like to send him cute pics and does he reply sometimes... no! It can feel as though he doesn't appreciate them but he assures me he does. As long as you don't vent your frustration out at him for not replying it will be fine. He is still with you so he must appreciate you for being you and the things you do

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.