Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How not to be an annoying girlfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixie_Me)
    They're not everyday.. that would annoy me let alone him 😂
    Thank goodness. But 1 month is quite early stages, yknow. Even a few quotes or so could be overwhelming. Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moopmeen)
    Just be yourself and he will appreciate that. Nothing wrong with being cute and sending those kind of messages and quotes - hey I have been with my bf now for almost 3 years and I like to send him cute pics and does he reply sometimes... no! It can feel as though he doesn't appreciate them but he assures me he does. As long as you don't vent your frustration out at him for not replying it will be fine. He is still with you so he must appreciate you for being you and the things you do
    Awww that's helpful thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    Just annoy him, because if he's your bf he should put up with it and just be cute naturally
    He's not just a bf though, he's human. Nobody likes being constantly annoyed, the best thing op can do us give him space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-Barista)
    He's not just a bf though, he's human. Nobody likes being constantly annoyed, the best thing op can do us give him space.
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Awww that's helpful thank you
    No problem

There is a quote I found online that that my bf and I like to laugh about as we consider it both true (please take it in a playful way however):

https://pics.me.me/if-your-girlfrien...r-27250107.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moopmeen)
    No problem

There is a quote I found online that that my bf and I like to laugh about as we consider it both true (please take it in a playful way however):

https://pics.me.me/if-your-girlfrien...r-27250107.png
    😂😂😂 brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a month now and I fell like I'm being annoying.

I send quotes I find cute too him but I feel like it's irritating him. I try and text him as much as I can just telling him how much I love him but some times I don't get a response.

So how do I act cute but don't annoy him?
    I understand how you feel. My boyfriend is American and I'm British so whenever I find an article on BuzzFeed which is funny showing the differences and misunderstandings of British vs American people I send it to him, but he doesn't acknowledge I've sent it and only looks at it when I remind him I sent it. So I've stopped doing it now because I felt like it was annoying him.

Start by slowing down how much you text him. Imagine if you were telling him you loved him in person that much. Say you were both watching a film, but every two minutes you kept tapping him on the shoulder saying "I love you". He gets it and he understands, but it's going to be annoying to keep hearing it over and over in a short space of time. Tell him you love him no more than 3 times a day. Limit yourself. Also limit how much you text him. Me and my boyfriend talk whenever we can but that's because of the time difference. However I still understand when it's important to give him space, like if he's hanging out with his friends.

Send him the occasional cute quote, but not one several times a day. Don't constantly text him cute things. Imagine it'll be a little embarrassing if he's out with people and his phone is constantly ringing with you sending cute messages. Text him a few times a day if you aren't going to see each other that day.

Also, talk to him and ask him if it bothers him when you text him and send him cute stuff. You need to communicate with each other in order to have a successful relationship with each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I understand how you feel. My boyfriend is American and I'm British so whenever I find an article on BuzzFeed which is funny showing the differences and misunderstandings of British vs American people I send it to him, but he doesn't acknowledge I've sent it and only looks at it when I remind him I sent it. So I've stopped doing it now because I felt like it was annoying him.

Start by slowing down how much you text him. Imagine if you were telling him you loved him in person that much. Say you were both watching a film, but every two minutes you kept tapping him on the shoulder saying "I love you". He gets it and he understands, but it's going to be annoying to keep hearing it over and over in a short space of time. Tell him you love him no more than 3 times a day. Limit yourself. Also limit how much you text him. Me and my boyfriend talk whenever we can but that's because of the time difference. However I still understand when it's important to give him space, like if he's hanging out with his friends.

Send him the occasional cute quote, but not one several times a day. Don't constantly text him cute things. Imagine it'll be a little embarrassing if he's out with people and his phone is constantly ringing with you sending cute messages. Text him a few times a day if you aren't going to see each other that day.

Also, talk to him and ask him if it bothers him when you text him and send him cute stuff. You need to communicate with each other in order to have a successful relationship with each other.
    That sounds so much like one of my friends. Thanks and I'll keep it in mind. I'll text him later coz he's shopping 😂 I really feel like the guy between us some times.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.