Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I've recently received a notice letter from slc accompanied by an income assessment form demanding it be filled out to avoid the non compliance interest rate by the end of Nov 2017 but unfortunately the form doesn't seem to accommodate my circumstances.

    I dropped out last year and I'm currently unemployed and I have been for some time. I've been supporting myself using physical cash for a few months now, however I've not been keeping any receipts and so there are no records of transactions and thus no circumstantial proof.

    I've not yet contacted slc as I was hoping I'd get some casual feedback before seeking formal assistance.


    Here's a couple of things to consider, which you haven't disclosed in your original post.
    Are you living with parents or by yourself?
    How are you supporting yourself, just from savings?
    Are you in receipt of a taxable benefit such as Jobseekers, or Universal Credit?
    You say you're using physical cash, does this mean you do not have a bank account with savings you're withdrawing from?
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.