Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted AAAB for my A-levels at the end of the year so I'm applying to Durham University (A*AA), Warwick University (A*AA) and Bath University (AAA) and I just need two more universities to apply to. I've been to a few universities but haven't found any I liked so far and possibly would consider applying to universities that have lower grade requirements since these are quite high. Could someone help me make my mind on which other universities I should apply to?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by poohe)
    I'm predicted AAAB for my A-levels at the end of the year so I'm applying to Durham University (A*AA), Warwick University (A*AA) and Bath University (AAA) and I just need two more universities to apply to. I've been to a few universities but haven't found any I liked so far and possibly would consider applying to universities that have lower grade requirements since these are quite high. Could someone help me make my mind on which other universities I should apply to?
    what is it you're looking for in a university?

ReputationRep:
    What about Bristol? also depends on what you're applying to and what do you expect for the uni
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    what is it you're looking for in a university?
    I'm mainly looking for education quality more than anything else. I used league tables but I don't like making decisions using those so I'm not sure how else to decide which university I should consider.

(Original post by laraelbeezra)
    What about Bristol? also depends on what you're applying to and what do you expect for the uni
    Bristol has quite high requirements and I'm already applying to Durham and Warwick which have high requirements so I don't want to apply there. I want to apply somewhere with slightly lower grade requirements just in case I don't do as well as expected in my final exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohe)
    I'm mainly looking for education quality more than anything else. I used league tables but I don't like making decisions using those so I'm not sure how else to decide which university I should consider.

Bristol has quite high requirements and I'm already applying to Durham and Warwick which have high requirements so I don't want to apply there. I want to apply somewhere with slightly lower grade requirements just in case I don't do as well as expected in my final exams.
    Leeds is quite nice, and they tend to give AAB to people who show passion and aptitude in their applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plklupu)
    Leeds is quite nice, and they tend to give AAB to people who show passion and aptitude in their applications.
    Thanks for the help! Leeds looks really nice, and the requirements are quite nice. I'll apply there. Any suggestions on a university that have entry requirements around ABB or BBB, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohe)
    Thanks for the help! Leeds looks really nice, and the requirements are quite nice. I'll apply there. Any suggestions on a university that have entry requirements around ABB or BBB, please?
    Depends on the course. For me (physics) most decent universities were AAA minimum. I ended up deciding that if I miss out I'm going to either resit, go through clearing or maybe go for an engineering course. Hopefully it won't come to that.

ReputationRep:
    University of Royal Holloway AAA
    University of Westminster ABB
    London South Bank University ABB
    University of Roehampton ABB

I would personally pick the first two because I was looking at the level of depth the lectures and teachers go to in their courses and woah they provided more content and topics in the courses i was looking at than any other school i was applying to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek1878)
    Depends on the course. For me (physics) most decent universities were AAA minimum. I ended up deciding that if I miss out I'm going to either resit, go through clearing or maybe go for an engineering course. Hopefully it won't come to that.
    I see, good luck with that! That is a fair point, most people I know have applied to AAA universities for all their choices. I wonder which would be considered objectively the best idea. As the saying says, go big or go home. Do resitting entire subjects affect your chances of getting into a university you want to go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohe)
    I see, good luck with that! That is a fair point, most people I know have applied to AAA universities for all their choices. I wonder which would be considered objectively the best idea. As the saying says, go big or go home. Do resitting entire subjects affect your chances of getting into a university you want to go to?
    It depends. If you were applying to a top 5 uni then maybe, but I'm pretty sure most universities don't require exams to be sat in one sitting.

What course are you applying for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.