Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

City and Islington or Camden School for Girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I want to go into medicine and for my A levels at both sixth forms I would choose all three sciences but at both my fourth option would differ.

At Camden I would choose 3 sciences and Classical Civilisation as I am currently enjoying doing GCSE Ancient Greek so it would connect nicely and the subject allows us to travel abroad and learn more about culture etc creating a nice break from the sciences. I also know all the teachers here and lots of the people that will be in sixth form.

However after attending City and Islington Sixth Form College open day, the facilities look incredible! I like all the help on offer from the subjects but there, I would choose Fine Art as my fourth A level as I am currently doing GCSE Art and they do not offer A level Classics.

I am torn between the two. Anyone have experience at either sixth forms?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It’s really up to you! Personally I think City and Islington will be nice bc you’ll meet a lot of new people and it’s quite good to not be stuck around the same environment. Also, you said the facilities look great! In regards to subjects, for medicine neither Classicial Civilisation or Art will do you well as to study medicine, universities usually look for Chemistry (most important), Biology, Physics and Maths. They don’t really care about any other subjects. Have you ever thought about maths? I’m doing it now in year 13 with Psychology and English Lit but i did Biology last year and i think it’d help you a lot with taking the three sciences (Physics exam is 40% maths, Chem is 30% and Bio is 20%)! At the end of the day remember that you only need 3 A Levels for university and you’ll probably end up dropping a subject after year 12. If that’s the case, the fourth subject you pick doesn’t really matter, just make sure you do enjoy it and worse case if you change your mind about medicine, your fourth subject could open up more career options. Both CC and Art will be nice on your timetable as a break away from all your sciency topics, though I heard the work load for Art is massive (but this is for any A level)! Personally i would go for City and Islington but maybe a different subject, completely up to you, hope this helped x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.