Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like **** 😔😔😔 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So i am in year 13 and my mocks start the week after next and ive never felt this down in my life. I feel so depressed and stressed all the time. Ive been really thinking about what i want to do in the future and im not even sure i want to do that. University is stressing me out, i dont want to do a course i domt truly love and do it for the sake of doing it. I want to enjoy uni. Also, i spend all my time revising, and feel like im getting nowhere with it. Im either doing revision or thinking about it. Whenever im doing anything but revision i feel guilty. I dont even give myself tine to eat, because its wasting revision time. Im always sad and ive cried a good 5 times in the last week. Also, my family want to move house and it should be happening early next year which is an extra stress i have to think about. I dont know what to do anymore... my mental health aint in a good place and i havent been with it spiritually recently. I strongly believe that if your not praying, nothing will go right and this is what i feel like is happening to me.
    I know this may seem really petty to some of you, but i cant help but think about it constantly and feel like crap all the time. What shall i do? Amd has anyone else felt like thos before?

ReputationRep:
    That’s was honestly just like me when I did my A levels. I knew what I wanted to do but if I put the revision down for even a few minutes I felt guilty and my mind would just tell me I’d fail if I stopped. I was obsessed with it. I’d say from personal experience get help with it now, talk to your teachers or whoever about what is going through your head, honestly you will feel a million times better and they can help you think about a plan. The most important thing to do is not burn out which it sounds like you’re on your way to doing. It happened to me and I lost a stone in weight, I couldn’t eat because like you it took time away from revision and I started having panic attacks. I understand that part of what you’re going through and it can be really tough so try and talk through it with someone (feel free to pm me) and talk to your careers advisor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenniferann232)
    That’s was honestly just like me when I did my A levels. I knew what I wanted to do but if I put the revision down for even a few minutes I felt guilty and my mind would just tell me I’d fail if I stopped. I was obsessed with it. I’d say from personal experience get help with it now, talk to your teachers or whoever about what is going through your head, honestly you will feel a million times better and they can help you think about a plan. The most important thing to do is not burn out which it sounds like you’re on your way to doing. It happened to me and I lost a stone in weight, I couldn’t eat because like you it took time away from revision and I started having panic attacks. I understand that part of what you’re going through and it can be really tough so try and talk through it with someone (feel free to pm me) and talk to your careers advisor.
    Thank you so much. Honestly, this has helped me so much. I felt like i was being overdramatic, because everyone seems to be going through what i am, but they dont feel this way. They just seem to get on with it and they dont seem to be stress. I kept thinking to myself am i overthinking it? Am i being a drama queen ? And so on. In sixth form on friday, i was an emotional wreck. I spoke to some of my friends and couldnt stop crying. How did you overcome this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania62)
    Thank you so much. Honestly, this has helped me so much. I felt like i was being overdramatic, because everyone seems to be going through what i am, but they dont feel this way. They just seem to get on with it and they dont seem to be stress. I kept thinking to myself am i overthinking it? Am i being a drama queen ? And so on. In sixth form on friday, i was an emotional wreck. I spoke to some of my friends and couldnt stop crying. How did you overcome this?
    Everyone will be stressed, I think it’s just whether they’ve got the guts to realise they are stressed and find ways with dealing with it. Everyone reacts differently 🙂

When I was at school I spoke to my teachers, some of them were about as useful as a chocolate teapot though so be prepared for that. One day I got called into the head of sixth forms office and she literally sat me down and said ‘you shouldn’t stress. Okay goodbye’ and that was literally it. You should speak to your family, teachers etc and it might take a while but find someone who will listen to you.
    You’re not being a drama queen at all. If anything it shows that you clearly really care about your grades, maybe just a bit too much :P

I overcame it by my mum forcing me to stop revising constantly and to take breaks. We were on holiday in Australia at the time and I spent all day revising and then they took me on a canoe because that was literally the only way I would stop. I didn’t really stop until maybe a week before my exams because by that point I was so burnt out and so poorly that I just couldn’t do any more. My grades fell from A*A*A predictions to BBC in my January modules (I did my alevels in 2012) and then my teachers picked up on it more. You have to be really careful of burnout because it will just make your grades go down, not up. You need to hit the peak right when your exams are so over time you’ll work out how long you need to revise for before your exams. I do 8 weeks and the last 4 are more intense revision like what I used to do but the first 4 are really chilled, an hour or 2 per topic a day maximum with one day off at least a week.
    Days off are seriously important. You wouldn’t go to the gym all day every day so just like the rest of your body your brain needs a break. Try to do an hour of revision and then take a 10minute break, even if it’s just to get some food or water or go for a quick walk or something. People used to tell me that all the time and I never listened and paid the price at the end. I got my grades eventually, not my original predicted ones but I got enough to get onto the course.
    But this is serious stuff, I was like you for both years of sixth form and then the first year of uni and then boom it really caught up with me and I got diagnosed with anxiety then. Go to a teacher on Monday and talk to them, they will have definitely seen it all before and it’s their job to listen to you and see if they can help you in any way.

If you get control of it now, you will actually do a lot better in your exams because you will be calmer and not burnt out (as much)
    Let me know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenniferann232)
    Everyone will be stressed, I think it’s just whether they’ve got the guts to realise they are stressed and find ways with dealing with it. Everyone reacts differently 🙂

When I was at school I spoke to my teachers, some of them were about as useful as a chocolate teapot though so be prepared for that. One day I got called into the head of sixth forms office and she literally sat me down and said ‘you shouldn’t stress. Okay goodbye’ and that was literally it. You should speak to your family, teachers etc and it might take a while but find someone who will listen to you.
    You’re not being a drama queen at all. If anything it shows that you clearly really care about your grades, maybe just a bit too much :P

I overcame it by my mum forcing me to stop revising constantly and to take breaks. We were on holiday in Australia at the time and I spent all day revising and then they took me on a canoe because that was literally the only way I would stop. I didn’t really stop until maybe a week before my exams because by that point I was so burnt out and so poorly that I just couldn’t do any more. My grades fell from A*A*A predictions to BBC in my January modules (I did my alevels in 2012) and then my teachers picked up on it more. You have to be really careful of burnout because it will just make your grades go down, not up. You need to hit the peak right when your exams are so over time you’ll work out how long you need to revise for before your exams. I do 8 weeks and the last 4 are more intense revision like what I used to do but the first 4 are really chilled, an hour or 2 per topic a day maximum with one day off at least a week.
    Days off are seriously important. You wouldn’t go to the gym all day every day so just like the rest of your body your brain needs a break. Try to do an hour of revision and then take a 10minute break, even if it’s just to get some food or water or go for a quick walk or something. People used to tell me that all the time and I never listened and paid the price at the end. I got my grades eventually, not my original predicted ones but I got enough to get onto the course.
    But this is serious stuff, I was like you for both years of sixth form and then the first year of uni and then boom it really caught up with me and I got diagnosed with anxiety then. Go to a teacher on Monday and talk to them, they will have definitely seen it all before and it’s their job to listen to you and see if they can help you in any way.

If you get control of it now, you will actually do a lot better in your exams because you will be calmer and not burnt out (as much)
    Let me know how it goes!
    honestly that was exactly what i needed. I already feel a whole lot better than i was feeling before. i understand that some people will not fully understand what i am going through, and i am fine with this. when telling people how i feel, i know that i wont always get the response i want to hear. i spoke it out with my friends, and they told me that they were feeling stressed about the same thing and they were really comforting. I still need to speak to someone in sixth form, and i feel like i can now. If i was to speak to sixth form any other day i would have just cried, but now i feel like i can make it through a conversation without crying my eyes out. hahah i know sometimes i care abit too much about my grades grades dont define you as they say.

Im so sorry that you had to go through that, but i am a strong believer everything happens for a reason. and i guess, if you hadnt been through all of that, you wouldnt be where you are today. Everyone has their tipping points and mine just seems to be now. in a way, im glad thats it now and not when my main exams are near, maybe ill cope better then.

i dont know how to thank you enough, this may have been just another message for you, but honestly you have helped me immensely. Thank you so much. I feel much better with myself and alot more at ease. I dont feel like my thoughts are as clogged up anymore, if you get what i mean

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.