The Student Room Group

what is uni like?

for those of you who do medicine at university, what does ur week consist of? ive applied to do medicine yet i know nothing of what im getting myself into :s-smilie:
so in a week, how many days do you have to go to the university? is it all 5 days of the week or is it like 3 days a week? and what do those days consist of? is it just lectures or are there more? and is it similar for all years or not? as in, is the first year kind of relaxed with 3 days a week compared to ur final year which is more busy with 5 days a week?
thanks!
Before you get to uni, please sort out your spelling, punctuation, and grammar. You will be harangued by your lecturers. Capital letters for the beginning of sentences for Jupiter's sake...
Reply 2
Original post by Kierensaddlr
Before you get to uni, please sort out your spelling, punctuation, and grammar. You will be harangued by your lecturers. Capital letters for the beginning of sentences for Jupiter's sake...

bruv lowe it i can typ mch wrse 4 u if i wntd 2 still

I can also type in the proper manner you're speaking of. I type the way I do to save time. When the time comes where I do need to type properly, I will happily and easily do so.

so sorry not sorry i dont need to sort out sh*t cos its already sorted and therefore ill carry on typing this way :smile:
It really depends on uni.

Some unis do 9-5 lectures almost every day, some (e.g. PBL courses) have far more limited contact time and more self-directed study.
Some do labs some don't.
Some teach on weekends some don't.
Some have lots of early clinical contact, typically a half day per week.
Some have regular formative assessments some have far fewer.
When it comes to clinical years some are very strict about attendance, some aren't.
Some have finals in 4th year then a year without exams, although with the introduction of the UKMLE this will likely be phased out.

It varies.
Reply 4
Original post by nexttime
It really depends on uni.

Some unis do 9-5 lectures almost every day, some (e.g. PBL courses) have far more limited contact time and more self-directed study.
Some do labs some don't.
Some teach on weekends some don't.
Some have lots of early clinical contact, typically a half day per week.
Some have regular formative assessments some have far fewer.
When it comes to clinical years some are very strict about attendance, some aren't.
Some have finals in 4th year then a year without exams, although with the introduction of the UKMLE this will likely be phased out.

It varies.

thank u both for ur detailed responses! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending