Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The deadline for submitting written work for my English and French application to Oxford was 5pm last Friday. I submitted mine early that day, but I didn't realise until I got home that I'd received an email from them saying that they couldn't process my work unless it was in 1 pdf document. I did this asap but by then it was already 1 hour past the deadline. Do I still have a chance?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daydreamer01)
    The deadline for submitting written work for my English and French application to Oxford was 5pm last Friday. I submitted mine early that day, but I didn't realise until I got home that I'd received an email from them saying that they couldn't process my work unless it was in 1 pdf document. I did this asap but by then it was already 1 hour past the deadline. Do I still have a chance?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    yes
    Really?? How do you know?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daydreamer01)
    Really?? How do you know?
    Because you sent it in time and they asked you to send it again.

I doubt they will even look at it until Monday anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Email your course coordinator and explain to him what happened just to make sure. I'm sure they won't mind but better safe than sorry and you can show them the email as proof if you need to.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-99)
    Email your course coordinator and explain to him what happened just to make sure. I'm sure they won't mind but better safe than sorry and you can show them the email as proof if you need to.
    The submitted work goes to the college anyway - this is for Oxford admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    The submitted work goes to the college anyway - this is for Oxford admissions
    Oh right my bad.

ReputationRep:
    Phew thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.