Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Y'all got any of them macbeth gcse notes Watch

ReputationRep:
    Macbeth, Blood brothers, Jekyll and Hyde and poems.

Anything would help, I don't know how to structure these types of notes and my teacher is awful so if anyone has some notes from last year or for mocks it would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Which poems and exam board are you doing? I posted a Macbeth quotes timeline on my GYG (not sure where tho)

ReputationRep:
    I just bought the York notes Macbeth study guide which is so so good.
    My teacher is also really rubbish so in the same situation as you!
    Would reccomend the York Notes book though (quite cheap on amazon)
    good luck in the mocks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Which poems and exam board are you doing? I posted a Macbeth quotes timeline on my GYG (not sure where tho)
    I didnt bother mentioning the poems because I do some dodgy exam board (WJEC Eduqas) but depending on your exam board we might have a couple similar pooems like ozymandias etc. Ill take a look at your GYG if i can find it, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    I did Macbeth but not the other two books.
    MR BRUFF on youtube - he is a godsend, helped me get my 7 in literature.
    Spark notes too.

Also, MAKE REVISION CARDS! - so like a quote on each card and memorise them. This will defo help you
    ( don't just do that for Macbeth, do It for your other books too and for poetry)
    make theme related revision cards too, so list quotes with specific themes.
    So in the exam, if the theme comes up, it will defo help you remeber.
    do some practice questions. If you don't have any, ask your teachers? or ask me, I've got loads that my teacher gave me. Ill forward you the questions and you can take them to your teacher to mark. If you want I can give you some of my example answers too ( if I can find them)

Also, make sure you know AT LEAST 3 quotes from each character in the play, this includes King Duncan, LadyMacbeth, The witches, Banquo. Basically all the characters, you don't know which character will come up. You obviously have the option of two questions in the exam but what if they're both ones you didn't revise?
    trust me QUOTES! you need them
    revise them for poetry too, I did power and conflict and learnt at least 4 quotes per poem. I can still remember some of them. You don't understand how much this will help you!!

If you need any resources feel free to ask me, i can send you some.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomaccountt)
    hi,
    I did Macbeth but not the other two books.
    MR BRUFF on youtube - he is a godsend, helped me get my 7 in literature.
    Spark notes too.

Also, MAKE REVISION CARDS! - so like a quote on each card and memorise them. This will defo help you
    ( don't just do that for Macbeth, do It for your other books too and for poetry)
    make theme related revision cards too, so list quotes with specific themes.
    So in the exam, if the theme comes up, it will defo help you remeber.
    do some practice questions. If you don't have any, ask your teachers? or ask me, I've got loads that my teacher gave me. Ill forward you the questions and you can take them to your teacher to mark. If you want I can give you some of my example answers too ( if I can find them)

Also, make sure you know AT LEAST 3 quotes from each character in the play, this includes King Duncan, LadyMacbeth, The witches, Banquo. Basically all the characters, you don't know which character will come up. You obviously have the option of two questions in the exam but what if they're both ones you didn't revise?
    trust me QUOTES! you need them
    revise them for poetry too, I did power and conflict and learnt at least 4 quotes per poem. I can still remember some of them. You don't understand how much this will help you!!

If you need any resources feel free to ask me, i can send you some.
    Good Luck!
    thanks, Ill definatly take a look at mr bruff, would it be alright if you send me the practice questions? Also what resources do you have? thanks!

(Original post by nicole.e)
    I just bought the York notes Macbeth study guide which is so so good.
    My teacher is also really rubbish so in the same situation as you!
    Would reccomend the York Notes book though (quite cheap on amazon)
    good luck in the mocks x
    Yea ive bought that guide it seems pretty decent, thanks for the good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgillian123)
    I didnt bother mentioning the poems because I do some dodgy exam board (WJEC Eduqas) but depending on your exam board we might have a couple similar pooems like ozymandias etc. Ill take a look at your GYG if i can find it, thanks!
    ahaha I’m AQA, with Macbeth use YouTube (mr Bruff etc) and nofearshakespeare will help you actually understand the text! I use a York notes revision guide and a snap revision guide for Macbeth notes
    For poetry I (again) watch video analysis on YouTube and take notes, I have a revision guide but I don’t really use it!
    I’m in year 11 as well good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you want a point they won't be expecting, compare Macbeth and Lady Macbeth to Gollum and Smeagol. It sounds strange but the similarities are uncanny.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.