The Student Room Group

Midwifery - Bangor University 2018

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone :smile:

I have applied to study Midwifery at Bangor University, I hold an interview on the 9th of March. Wondering if anyone else will be attending one also at that date ? 🤗x
Original post by amycakes
Hey everyone!

I applied to Bangor and I have an interview there for the 27th February. Currently hold an offer with Chester too :smile:

Amy x

I hold an interview for the 9th of March :smile: good luck at yours xx
Original post by Lliwsj93
Hello everyone :smile:

I have applied to study Midwifery at Bangor University, I hold an interview on the 9th of March. Wondering if anyone else will be attending one also at that date ? 🤗x

I have an interview for March 9th at Bangor for Midwifery too X
Original post by BeckyG92
I have an interview for March 9th at Bangor for Midwifery too X

Hello :smile: that’s brilliant well done, I’m quite nervous. I have only had an email stating that I will be invited for an interview by the head of department at the moment. Have you had any postal correspondence yet ? Xx
Hello :smile: that’s brilliant well done, I’m quite nervous. I have only had an email stating that I will be invited for an interview by the head of department at the moment. Have you had any postal correspondence yet ? Xx

Well done to you also, nerves are good, is Bangor your first choice? I haven't had any postal confirmation and just got my interview through Ucas xx
I also have an interview in Bangor on the 12th! Mature student also!
hi everyone, has anyone heard of how many places there are this year? i'm still waiting back to see if i have an interview or not. I've only just sent off photos of my certificates.

x
Well done to you also, nerves are good, is Bangor your first choice? I haven't had any postal confirmation and just got my interview through Ucas xx

Bangor will be my only choice as I have my own family, with a small child. Ah right I see. Is Bangor your first choice ? Xx
Original post by over_thehill
I also have an interview in Bangor on the 12th! Mature student also!

That’s brilliant, is it the 12th of this month ? All the best :smile: x
Original post by Charl_grace91
hi everyone, has anyone heard of how many places there are this year? i'm still waiting back to see if i have an interview or not. I've only just sent off photos of my certificates.

x

I have no idea what so ever on numbers I’m afraid :frown:

What certificates did they require of you ? Xx
Bangor will be my only choice as I have my own family, with a small child. Ah right I see. Is Bangor your first choice ? Xx

Yes Bangors my first and only choice, I have two children too xx
I have no idea what so ever on numbers I’m afraid :frown:

What certificates did they require of you ? Xx

ah no worries!
They wanted to see my Access to HE certificates. x
Yes Bangors my first and only choice, I have two children too xx

That’s lovely :smile:
Do you have any relevant experience ? I’m a little worried that mine won’t strongly support my application (home care, working within a care home)
X
That’s lovely :smile:
Do you have any relevant experience ? I’m a little worried that mine won’t strongly support my application (home care, working within a care home)
X

None other than work placements in college in a chemist, Primary school and nursery. I also did two weeks in a care home. I'm extremely worried I don't have enough relevant experience and it's quite difficult to volunteer in GPs ect. It's the care values you have and how you can transfer all the skills. I'm sure you'll be okay, xx
None other than work placements in college in a chemist, Primary school and nursery. I also did two weeks in a care home. I'm extremely worried I don't have enough relevant experience and it's quite difficult to volunteer in GPs ect. It's the care values you have and how you can transfer all the skills. I'm sure you'll be okay, xx

You’ve got quite a bit of variation then, which is good as you’ve experienced many different challenges :smile:
I have been volunteering at my local “Ti a Fi” club, for my individual prodject at college, but like you say, it’s very difficult to gain experience within the field.

Hopefully I’ll bump into you on interview :smile:

Also are you visiting the UCAS applicant day this Saturday?

X. X
You’ve got quite a bit of variation then, which is good as you’ve experienced many different challenges :smile:
I have been volunteering at my local “Ti a Fi” club, for my individual prodject at college, but like you say, it’s very difficult to gain experience within the field.

X. X

X. X

I hope so too, some applicants have already had their interviews and said it was very relaxed. :smile:
And no I'm not attending this Saturday are you? Xx
I hope so too, some applicants have already had their interviews and said it was very relaxed. :smile:
And no I'm not attending this Saturday are you? Xx

That’s reassuring :smile:

I am yes, I’ll pop you a message to let you know how it goes and what was there etc, incase I have any info regarding interviews

XX
That’s reassuring :smile:

I am yes, I’ll pop you a message to let you know how it goes and what was there etc, incase I have any info regarding interviews

XX

31 places :smile:
Original post by over_thehill
31 places :smile:

Oh gosh is that all ?

Have you been for an interview yet ?

Xx
Oh gosh is that all ?

Have you been for an interview yet ?

Xx

Yes I had one yesterday. Do you have one coming up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending