MazzyWazzy101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey there!
I am in Year 7 and we choose our options for our GCSE's in Year 8 (since we get a taster and we officially start them in year 9) and I don't know what to choose. I have vague ideas in mind, and I don't want to overdo it with too many subjects, just the core ones necessary. Are these ok?

History
Psychology
Business Studies
Art
Spanish
R.S

Any ones that I should change? It's already in the second/third term of Year 7 but I can't look at look at the choices/blocks as they change every year. Any advice???
Thanks!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you enjoy them and are good at them, go ahead!
Kxishkxish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seems like a good choice. You have chosen a variety of subjects that can lead you to different career paths.
Just Somebody
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MazzyWazzy101)
Hey there!
I am in Year 7 and we choose our options for our GCSE's in Year 8 (since we get a taster and we officially start them in year 9) and I don't know what to choose. I have vague ideas in mind, and I don't want to overdo it with too many subjects, just the core ones necessary. Are these ok?

History
Psychology
Business Studies
Art
Spanish
R.S

Any ones that I should change? It's already in the second/third term of Year 7 but I can't look at look at the choices/blocks as they change every year. Any advice???
Thanks!
10-12 GCSE's is what you should aim for. Most people I know have 11.
This includes 2 English, 2/3 science, maths, a language, history/geography and Rs.
Choose two more subject that you enjoy. I suggest having art and business studies from your list so you have a variety of subjects.
MazzyWazzy101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Just Somebody)
10-12 GCSE's is what you should aim for. Most people I know have 11.
This includes 2 English, 2/3 science, maths, a language, history/geography and Rs.
Choose two more subjects that you enjoy. I suggest having art and business studies from your list so you have a variety of subjects.
this is very useful, as I have already put down these subjects but id don't want to overwork myself with too many subjects as I have already stated. And we can only do a maximum of 4 GCSE’s
MazzyWazzy101
Rep:
?
I have found out that I can only do 4-5 subjects, I will talk 2 my associate dean who is head of year 7-8 and discuss what I could do. what do you think i should do for the 4-5 subjects?? (if I can stretch it to that...)
Psaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Art is too much work unless you are really good at it , business is a pointless GCSE
I would recommend Spanish but only take 1 language
Psychology is again not that strong , if you have an interest in it then take it for A-level.
MazzyWazzy101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have found out that I won’t bye taking phycology or r.s, so there fore I am taking art history Spanish and business studies, and another one which I won’t mention.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why don't you want to mention the other subject?
11gharg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MazzyWazzy101)
I have found out that I won’t bye taking phycology or r.s, so there fore I am taking art history Spanish and business studies, and another one which I won’t mention.
Why won't you mention it? Confused...
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
English and maths are a must, as 99% of employees ask for them. The rest would depend on what career you want to go into. For anything medical then the sciences and psychology would a good add.
MazzyWazzy101
Rep:
?
Because it is linked to something more personal. Sorry guys. Can’t tell 😕
MazzyWazzy101
Rep:
?
In my school, we already do English maths and science (combined). It’s compulsory. Then we pick 4 other GCSE’s. I have spoken to my accociate dean to discuss if I can’t have one or two more GCSE’s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.6%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (798)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads