Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!
    I am in Year 7 and we choose our options for our GCSE's in Year 8 (since we get a taster and we officially start them in year 9) and I don't know what to choose. I have vague ideas in mind, and I don't want to overdo it with too many subjects, just the core ones necessary. Are these ok?

History
    Psychology
    Business Studies
    Art
    Spanish
    R.S

Any ones that I should change? It's already in the second/third term of Year 7 but I can't look at look at the choices/blocks as they change every year. Any advice???
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy them and are good at them, go ahead!

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a good choice. You have chosen a variety of subjects that can lead you to different career paths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazzyWazzy101)
    Hey there!
    I am in Year 7 and we choose our options for our GCSE's in Year 8 (since we get a taster and we officially start them in year 9) and I don't know what to choose. I have vague ideas in mind, and I don't want to overdo it with too many subjects, just the core ones necessary. Are these ok?

History
    Psychology
    Business Studies
    Art
    Spanish
    R.S

Any ones that I should change? It's already in the second/third term of Year 7 but I can't look at look at the choices/blocks as they change every year. Any advice???
    Thanks!
    10-12 GCSE's is what you should aim for. Most people I know have 11.
    This includes 2 English, 2/3 science, maths, a language, history/geography and Rs.
    Choose two more subject that you enjoy. I suggest having art and business studies from your list so you have a variety of subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Somebody)
    10-12 GCSE's is what you should aim for. Most people I know have 11.
    This includes 2 English, 2/3 science, maths, a language, history/geography and Rs.
    Choose two more subjects that you enjoy. I suggest having art and business studies from your list so you have a variety of subjects.
    this is very useful, as I have already put down these subjects but id don't want to overwork myself with too many subjects as I have already stated. And we can only do a maximum of 4 GCSE’s

ReputationRep:
    I have found out that I can only do 4-5 subjects, I will talk 2 my associate dean who is head of year 7-8 and discuss what I could do. what do you think i should do for the 4-5 subjects?? (if I can stretch it to that...)

ReputationRep:
    Art is too much work unless you are really good at it , business is a pointless GCSE
    I would recommend Spanish but only take 1 language
    Psychology is again not that strong , if you have an interest in it then take it for A-level.

ReputationRep:
    I have found out that I won’t bye taking phycology or r.s, so there fore I am taking art history Spanish and business studies, and another one which I won’t mention.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you want to mention the other subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazzyWazzy101)
    I have found out that I won’t bye taking phycology or r.s, so there fore I am taking art history Spanish and business studies, and another one which I won’t mention.
    Why won't you mention it? Confused...

ReputationRep:
    English and maths are a must, as 99% of employees ask for them. The rest would depend on what career you want to go into. For anything medical then the sciences and psychology would a good add.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is linked to something more personal. Sorry guys. Can’t tell 😕

ReputationRep:
    In my school, we already do English maths and science (combined). It’s compulsory. Then we pick 4 other GCSE’s. I have spoken to my accociate dean to discuss if I can’t have one or two more GCSE’s

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.