-Eng Lit - 3
    -Geography- 6
    -Mathematics - 8
    -Physics- 8
    -Chemistry- 8
    -Biology- 8
    -History - 8
    -Business Studes- A*

With the implications that I achieve the minimum grades needed for Engineering at Cambridge, and have a relatively good personal statement; will I be considered in contention for a place at Cambridge?

I’d like to hear back from anyone with admissions experience, particularly Any students currently at Cambridge that were in a similar situation with me

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSE results will have little effect on your chances. Your A level results, however, will have all the effect in the world. Unless UCAS changed drastically since two years ago, you should be okay.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoneroses2828)
    My question is as above.

Predicted GCSE grades from mocks I sat 2 weeks ago:
    -Eng Lang - 6
    -Eng Lit - 3
    -Geography- 6
    -Mathematics - 8
    -Physics- 8
    -Chemistry- 8
    -Biology- 8
    -History - 8
    -Business Studes- A*

With the implications that I achieve the minimum grades needed for Engineering at Cambridge, and have a relatively good personal statement; will I be considered in contention for a place at Cambridge?

I’d like to hear back from anyone with admissions experience, particularly Any students currently at Cambridge that were in a similar situation with me
    It's fine. You are applying for Engineering not English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    It's fine. You are applying for Engineering not English.
    Thanks, that’s relieved me. However I’m still going to try and improve my Eng Lit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuddly Lizard)
    Your GCSE results will have little effect on your chances. Your A level results, however, will have all the effect in the world. Unless UCAS changed drastically since two years ago, you should be okay.
    Thank you very much
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoneroses2828)
    Thanks, that’s relieved me. However I’m still going to try and improve my Eng Lit
    Stay focused on your A-levels, not resitting GCSEs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.