Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm going bald x-x
    Even though I have some thick af hair right now, I constantly find around 20-30 hair in total, falling off when I take a shower and use shampoo (normal, but it gets worse when I use nizoral, which I've been using for couple of weeks due to me having a flaky scalp).
    Is this normal/anyone in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    Guess you'll have to invest in a wig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    Guess you'll have to invest in a wig
    Well, my dad was already half bald by the age of 25 and now, nearly 3/4 of his hair is gone (his hair distribution is same as that fgt in the IT movie). Maybe I should

ReputationRep:
    balding is quite common in men as they get older .. i'm noticing my hair is thinning ontop! and yeah i see it on floor after a shower also. its still nice and thick on the sides though lol. I think once it becomes noticeable i'm just gonna shave it all off... it just looks weird if you have random bald spots. >_< Don't know what to recommend you though...there seems to be an infinite number of snake oil products for hair loss. I would say just let nature take it's course!

ReputationRep:
    Well
    I pretty much shed hair everyday all over the place
    This is from a female perspective so idk if this will hold any value, but I lose so much hair everyday that its kinda stupid. I'm constantly pulling off hair from my clothes, brushing it off my desk, and untangling it from my fingers after a shower.
    So
    I would chill for now
    Unless you start visibly noticing bald patches or anything, I wouldn't worry all too much
    But hey, that's just me and my experiences
    We may both be going bald, but that's unlikely xD
    Hope everything goes well for you
    Peace x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froppy)
    balding is quite common in men as they get older .. i'm noticing my hair is thinning ontop! and yeah i see it on floor after a shower also. its still nice and thick on the sides though lol. I think once it becomes noticeable i'm just gonna shave it all off... it just looks weird if you have random bald spots. >_< Don't know what to recommend you though...there seems to be an infinite number of snake oil products for hair loss. I would say just let nature take it's course!
    I'm 18 and currently, have very thick hair. Just wondering if I'll at least make it to 30 without losing half of my hair. Been using coconut oil every week to coat my hair for couple of hours and then wash it off when I take a shower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiindling)
    Well
    I pretty much shed hair everyday all over the place
    This is from a female perspective so idk if this will hold any value, but I lose so much hair everyday that its kinda stupid. I'm constantly pulling off hair from my clothes, brushing it off my desk, and untangling it from my fingers after a shower.
    So
    I would chill for now
    Unless you start visibly noticing bald patches or anything, I wouldn't worry all too much
    But hey, that's just me and my experiences
    We may both be going bald, but that's unlikely xD
    Hope everything goes well for you
    Peace x
    Your situation sounds same as my mum and sister. They both have thick hair but shed a lot of hair.....
    My mum still has decent amount of hair for someone in their early 40s so it may be not that bad for you in the coming years.

Source: Bathtub and bins.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.