Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GYG: 2017 - 2018 • From D's back to A's Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I randomly came across TSR when I was looking for some motivation to 'study' online.
    So, uh recently, my grades dropped REALLY bad.
    I've never gotten a D all my life until last year. And these are exams that're supposed to get me to uni. I barely managed to get a D, it could've been an E even.

Anyways, I went on an investigation to find out why my grades dropped. And it didn't take much time to find out, tbh. It's a very well known, widespread, global phenomenon that we've all come across at a certain point in our lives and loathe it from the bottom of all our hearts:

Procrastination.

Yep. Don't tell me you don't do that every once in a while. Because I sure did, right after my GCSEs or at the start of A levels, you can say. I enjoyed my GCSEs and got respectable, self satisfactory grades but then A levels came up. And all these disturbances in between. My AS was absolutely f***ed. Idk how I'll manage A2 but that's why I created this little discussion.
    I need tips. And some hardcore advice that'll help me get back to my golden days of straight As (even A*'s if I work harder).
    I figured that I literally didn't study AT ALL. Or if I did, it was at 12AM before the exam :|
    Kill me omfg :|
    I regret this SO much. I don't want it to happen again but I just can't help procrastinating and slacking off into my comfort zone, every, single, day. Time's going by so fast and I just get more stressed the more I think about it. Hence, I find my comfort in increased levels of procrastination.
    The teachers are absolutely no help. Instead of motivating me, they called me out in front of the entire class and as if my grades weren't shite enough, my confidence went even lower. Despite the fact that it was the first time I'd gotten a D for a grade.
    I almost gave up studying but for some reason, I don't wanna end up married off to some random guy that my parents force me to choose. I want independence and a life of my own. So I thought that whatever the hell happens, I'm getting my grades up one way or another.
    I just need some guidance and if anyone of you have some tips or advice that you'd like to give, based on experience or not, please do share. I'm determined to do this and if I have to end my relationship with procrastination it'd be much more favourable.
    Thanks in advance! Oh and if you're going through something similar, don't be afraid to join in! We're all in the same boat here 😄
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You have time, don't worry! Make yourself a study timetable (including breaks, social time etc- these are important) and see if you can stick to it. Be realistic! It'll take some time to find how you work but you will do. Don't burn yourself out, just work steadily through the year, keep up your AS stuff and make sure you understand one thing fully before you move on to the rest. You'll get there! Will be watching this to see how you get on, good luck

(PS TSR is great for procrastination, it's addictive. Helpful though!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    You have time, don't worry! Make yourself a study timetable (including breaks, social time etc- these are important) and see if you can stick to it. Be realistic! It'll take some time to find how you work but you will do. Don't burn yourself out, just work steadily through the year, keep up your AS stuff and make sure you understand one thing fully before you move on to the rest. You'll get there! Will be watching this to see how you get on, good luck

(PS TSR is great for procrastination, it's addictive. Helpful though!)
    Thank you so much for your support! I'll definitely make myself a timetable to stick to - and I'll try to stay consistent throughout the year as well! It really does depend on routine building in the end, so I better break off my bad habits as much as I can and I'll post updates as frequently (acc. to my timetable) as possible 😄
    Thanks again!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amylololol)
    Thank you so much for your support! I'll definitely make myself a timetable to stick to - and I'll try to stay consistent throughout the year as well! It really does depend on routine building in the end, so I better break off my bad habits as much as I can and I'll post updates as frequently (acc. to my timetable) as possible 😄
    Thanks again!
    There's other random stuff in Revision and study tips if you want it, and around the site yeah routine makes a huge difference. So hard to get into but yeah! You'll get there

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Thanks for the reference! I'll definitely check them out and yes, routines are seriously so hard to get into and I only ever manage to get into a routine if I like it :| which I usually don't :|
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amylololol)
    Hi everyone. I randomly came across TSR when I was looking for some motivation to 'study' online.
    So, uh recently, my grades dropped REALLY bad.
    I've never gotten a D all my life until last year. And these are exams that're supposed to get me to uni. I barely managed to get a D, it could've been an E even.

Anyways, I went on an investigation to find out why my grades dropped. And it didn't take much time to find out, tbh. It's a very well known, widespread, global phenomenon that we've all come across at a certain point in our lives and loathe it from the bottom of all our hearts:

Procrastination.

Yep. Don't tell me you don't do that every once in a while. Because I sure did, right after my GCSEs or at the start of A levels, you can say. I enjoyed my GCSEs and got respectable, self satisfactory grades but then A levels came up. And all these disturbances in between. My AS was absolutely f***ed. Idk how I'll manage A2 but that's why I created this little discussion.
    I need tips. And some hardcore advice that'll help me get back to my golden days of straight As (even A*'s if I work harder).
    I figured that I literally didn't study AT ALL. Or if I did, it was at 12AM before the exam :|
    Kill me omfg :|
    I regret this SO much. I don't want it to happen again but I just can't help procrastinating and slacking off into my comfort zone, every, single, day. Time's going by so fast and I just get more stressed the more I think about it. Hence, I find my comfort in increased levels of procrastination.
    The teachers are absolutely no help. Instead of motivating me, they called me out in front of the entire class and as if my grades weren't shite enough, my confidence went even lower. Despite the fact that it was the first time I'd gotten a D for a grade.
    I almost gave up studying but for some reason, I don't wanna end up married off to some random guy that my parents force me to choose. I want independence and a life of my own. So I thought that whatever the hell happens, I'm getting my grades up one way or another.
    I just need some guidance and if anyone of you have some tips or advice that you'd like to give, based on experience or not, please do share. I'm determined to do this and if I have to end my relationship with procrastination it'd be much more favourable.
    Thanks in advance! Oh and if you're going through something similar, don't be afraid to join in! We're all in the same boat here 😄
    Welcome to TSR! :party:

Good luck with your GYG blog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Welcome to TSR! :party:

Good luck with your GYG blog
    Thank you! >_< I'm still new to this whole blogging thing, with all the updates and edits and the various formats that other users on here have been using - I'm fishing around for blogs and ideas so that I can update mine duly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.