Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I've been with my boyfriend for about a month now and there are a few things which are starting to bother me and I feel like I should bring them up with him but I'm not too sure how.
    The first is texting/messaging - I initiate conversations about 80% of the time. When I do, he is quick to reply and seems interested, but just doesn't start them himself, even when I can see he is online. I would like him to text just a tiny bit more, but I don't know if texting doesn't bother him as a lot of our conversations are about things like meeting up and not general chat, so more necessary texting that texting just to talk.
    The second thing is that I'm also the one who makes plans or initiates meeting up the majority of the time. He will suggest dates, like "we should go out for dinner" etc but then never goes any further when it comes to planning them - I have to remind him he suggested it and ask when he is free. The rest of the time I tend to be the one asking him over or out, and he is always up for it and invested when we are together, but I wish he would take the lead more when it comes to meeting up as it's getting tiring and I never know if he's actually that bothered about seeing me if he can't make the effort to ask.
    I just don't know how to bring this up and say it in a way that doesn't sound clingy or annoying, especially as he doesn't have much experience with relationships so probably has no idea that's how I feel

ReputationRep:
    Just slowly start trying to hang out with him more. Start off with little things and ease him into it. E.g. Walking him to school or work. Try to do something once a week because you need to build your relationship, put trust into it. He needs to made effort otherwise what's the point of the relationship however don't give up! All the best
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Try to initiate normal conversation by tagging him in meme's or something 😂 or like movie trailers etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Some people aren't really into the whole texting thing. There's nothing wrong with you suggesting dates yourself too.

ReputationRep:
    You could talk to him about it gently and tease like 'are you so busy you can't set a time for our dates' etc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.