Can anyone help me with these questions? I'm really struggling to understand and my lecturer is not helpful. I really want to understand so any answers or tips/advice for future problems similar or good ways to get your head around magnetic moments and transitional metal chemistry would be really great!
1. Name the following compounds (do not worry about positional isomers): a) K4[Ni(CN)6]
2. Write out the correct molecular formulae for the following:
a) Rubidium bromobis(dimethylamido)trispyrid inecobaltate(II)
b) Diamminebis(ethylenediamine)chro mium(III) hexacyanoferrate(II)
3. Calculate the magnetic moments for the compounds K[MnCl4] and K3[Mn(CN)6] and explain which one is likely to be more highly coloured.
4. Explain, with the aid of a molecular orbital diagram, how the value of Δo changes for a d1 metal when ligands with no π bonding component, such as NH3 are replaced by π acceptor ligands like phosphines.
5. Is [Mo(CO)7] likely to be stable?
I think I may have got Q1. Is......
a = potassium hexacyanonickelate(II) ???
b = ammine bis(diethylamine) cyanonickel (II) perchlorate
Thank you for the help in advance.
Has yours come through yet?