Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever taken back someone who you lost complete trust in? And what happened?

I did. I was stupid; I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. he was this type of guy that people thought had a great, sweet personality. but as i got to know him, i realised he's only doing that coz he wants something. we broke up and didn't talk for a while. bear in mind, I hated him at this point. but then a few months later, we started talking again and then I took him back. lemme just say, I was an idiot for doing so. he did the same thing again and cheated too. long story short, it didn't end well and this time, I learnt my lesson: he's called an ex for a reason.

(Original post by Jessicapaula)
    Have you ever taken back someone who you lost complete trust in? And what happened?
    Yes. My first ever online-dating experience. Lord it will NEVER happen again. I had met them on Twitter last December. So coming up to a year now I guess. Anyway, they had DMd me on Twitter, we began speaking, it was great at first but a couple months in and their psycho side began to shine. I’m not going to go into detail but I remember quite vividly we had gotten into an argument and they had sent me videos on Snapchat of a scene from a horror movie where a man was murdering someone and they had captioned it “me to you”. They was very petty too, and would start arguments when bored. To sum it up, I was basically in an abusive ‘relationship’, they’d always blame stuff on me also and completely twist my words. I’ve had them blocked on Snapchat now (that’s the only social media I use now) for a few months but they still try to add and/or message me from time to time, telling me they’re sorry and that it wont happen again. I have unblocked them before in the past and it HAS happened again, so now they’re gone for good. But I still worry about what they can do from behind their computer or phone screen.

(I did know the person quite well, the state in America they lived in, their name, and they had shown selfies of themselves. And we had called eachother perhaps once or twice)

There is more to this whole story but if I was to tell you I think I’d be here typing for hours. So I’ve kept it short and simple
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I did. I was stupid; I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. he was this type of guy that people thought had a great, sweet personality. but as i got to know him, i realised he's only doing that coz he wants something. we broke up and didn't talk for a while. bear in mind, I hated him at this point. but then a few months later, we started talking again and then I took him back. lemme just say, I was an idiot for doing so. he did the same thing again and cheated too. long story short, it didn't end well and this time, I learnt my lesson: he's called an ex for a reason.
    What do I do. My boyfriend cheated on me and I'm 50/50 about going back ATM it's been a month and a bit since I stopped talking to him! This is such a difficult choice I really don't know what to do.

(Original post by Jennifer303)
    What do I do. My boyfriend cheated on me and I'm 50/50 about going back ATM it's been a month and a bit since I stopped talking to him! This is such a difficult choice I really don't know what to do.
    It's up to you really. Do you love him that much that you'd consider taking him back after what he's done? Tbh, it's not worth it. If you get back with him and he does it again, you'd be even more hurt than you were the first time. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Also, you mentioned that you two haven't talked for a month and a bit. Just saying, but you never know what he could've been up to in that time period. And no guy can go that long without talking to someone he genuinely has feelings for.
    Try to move on, he's not worth it tbh. Do things you've always wanted to try and do things that make you happy. This should take your mind off of him. You can do better than him

ReputationRep:
    I would never take someone back who cheated. How did you find out?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.