Applying for PGDE in Scotland as an English student? Watch

Hornfels
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Will only having English school experience be a barrier to getting onto a Scottish PGDE course?

I've recently graduated from a Fine Art degree and I'm currently employed as a LSA in an english high school. I'm wanting to move to, and teach in Scotland so I'm planning to apply to do a PGDE in Glasgow or Strathclyde. However I have no experience of the scottish education system and I am worried this will affect my application.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Hornfels)
Will only having English school experience be a barrier to getting onto a Scottish PGDE course?

I've recently graduated from a Fine Art degree and I'm currently employed as a LSA in an english high school. I'm wanting to move to, and teach in Scotland so I'm planning to apply to do a PGDE in Glasgow or Strathclyde. However I have no experience of the scottish education system and I am worried this will affect my application.
I shouldn't think the experience thing should be a problem.:nah:

Probably worth reading up on how the Scottish education system operates though.:sadnod:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (231)
91.67%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (21)
8.33%

Watched Threads