Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dropping out from a course to do different course at uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about dropping out of 2nd year currently in first semester to do different but similar degree starting from 1st year. Is that something thats possible still, can anybody provide me any advice in this situation?

I struggle with pretty much every aspect of my degree and hardly understand anything. 1st year was okay even though I had changing course in my mind throughout year one cause I still struggled.

I though I might as well stick with it since I passed and almost got 2.1 and see how it goes, but 2nd year is completely another level. I feel like I should of changed the course when I could but its bit late now.

Im thinking of going from Computer Science to Business Information Systems. Similar concept just including business related modules. I just don't see myself in a programming job for the rest of my life.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeveloperCSS)
    I am thinking about dropping out of 2nd year currently in first semester to do different but similar degree starting from 1st year. Is that something thats possible still, can anybody provide me any advice in this situation?

I struggle with pretty much every aspect of my degree and hardly understand anything. 1st year was okay even though I had changing course in my mind throughout year one cause I still struggled.

I though I might as well stick with it since I passed and almost got 2.1 and see how it goes, but 2nd year is completely another level. I feel like I should of changed the course when I could but its bit late now.

Im thinking of going from Computer Science to Business Information Systems. Similar concept just including business related modules. I just don't see myself in a programming job for the rest of my life.
    are there any common modules between the first years of the two degrees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    are there any common modules between the first years of the two degrees?
    Yeah, there were 4 common modules between Computer Science and BIS.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeveloperCSS)
    Yeah, there were 4 common modules between Computer Science and BIS.
    speak your university as they might let you transfer if there's that many common modules.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.