Growth of finance companies

Watch this thread
MSDNG
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can anyone give me 1 or 2 examples of finance companies (Eg. Banks) which have shown successful growth and an example of finance companies which have failed to grow? Also some reasons or explanations for the success or failure to grow. Thank you.
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MSDNG)
Can anyone give me 1 or 2 examples of finance companies (Eg. Banks) which have shown successful growth and an example of finance companies which have failed to grow? Also some reasons or explanations for the success or failure to grow. Thank you.
Aldermore, Shawbrook, Metro Bank and other challenger banks for growth - main reason was lack of willingness to lend to SMEs post crisis by big banks creating market gap along with good cost control

For banks that haven’t grown look at kingdom bank for example - too niche and most big banks - mature businesses and constrained by regulation and a lot of building societies - smaller brand name but little differentiation also small FX brokerages - market oversaturation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
26.62%
As I expected (46)
33.09%
Harder (49)
35.25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.04%

Watched Threads