Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was using an app to talk to females but a guy messaged me and I started talking to him but not inappropriately. He said he was out and I replied with a picture of me in bed under my blanket. I accidentally sent a screenshot of that to my boyfriend. I told him the picture was a year old but I'm wearing the same shirt.... he knows I lied but how do i tell him that my conversation was innocent and that I'm sorry I lied to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmandaKl1987)
    how do i tell him that my conversation was innocent
    it doesnt sound innocent tho so theres no way you can play that off

(Original post by AmandaKl1987)
    and that I'm sorry I lied yo him?
    realistically his trust levels in you will drop no matter what you say, just say you won't ever do it again and acknowledge you did the wrong thing
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You need to come clean, don't ever lie in situations like that because it will catch up with you.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend also lives another country right now so telling him over video chat is devastating. I'm supposed to marry this man in a month. And I truly do love him and would do anything for him. It was innocent I wasnt being dirty just talking. I'm just lost I don't know what do

ReputationRep:
    Tell him the truth?

TSR is generally harsh to men who are disloyal to their women.

ReputationRep:
    It's just over video chat though??? I'm really upset that I lied. It's eating away at me but I just don't want to lose him even though that is possible. I feel awful that I did this.

ReputationRep:
    If I found out my husband was talking to women on an app, inappropriately or not, and sending pictures of himself to them, I would flip my absolute lid.

Are you sure you want to marry this guy?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    If I found out my husband was talking to women on an app, inappropriately or not, and sending pictures of himself to them, I would flip my absolute lid.

Are you sure you want to marry this guy?
    Yes I'm sure I want to marry him. I'm lonely but not looking for someone to hold me. He lives in mexico and recently got a job so we don't talk as much. I was definitely looking for attention. I feel awful because it's a form of betrayal but I didn't cheat and yea I would get mad too but I would forgive depending on the nature of the conversation. I've never lied to him so I just feel awful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.