AmandaKl1987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I was using an app to talk to females but a guy messaged me and I started talking to him but not inappropriately. He said he was out and I replied with a picture of me in bed under my blanket. I accidentally sent a screenshot of that to my boyfriend. I told him the picture was a year old but I'm wearing the same shirt.... he knows I lied but how do i tell him that my conversation was innocent and that I'm sorry I lied to him?
Equanimous
Badges: 6
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AmandaKl1987)
how do i tell him that my conversation was innocent
it doesnt sound innocent tho so theres no way you can play that off

(Original post by AmandaKl1987)
and that I'm sorry I lied yo him?
realistically his trust levels in you will drop no matter what you say, just say you won't ever do it again and acknowledge you did the wrong thing
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to come clean, don't ever lie in situations like that because it will catch up with you.
AmandaKl1987
Rep:
?
My boyfriend also lives another country right now so telling him over video chat is devastating. I'm supposed to marry this man in a month. And I truly do love him and would do anything for him. It was innocent I wasnt being dirty just talking. I'm just lost I don't know what do
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tell him the truth?

TSR is generally harsh to men who are disloyal to their women.
AmandaKl1987
Rep:
?
It's just over video chat though??? I'm really upset that I lied. It's eating away at me but I just don't want to lose him even though that is possible. I feel awful that I did this.
del1rious
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I found out my husband was talking to women on an app, inappropriately or not, and sending pictures of himself to them, I would flip my absolute lid.

Are you sure you want to marry this guy?
AmandaKl1987
Rep:
?
(Original post by del1rious)
If I found out my husband was talking to women on an app, inappropriately or not, and sending pictures of himself to them, I would flip my absolute lid.

Are you sure you want to marry this guy?
Yes I'm sure I want to marry him. I'm lonely but not looking for someone to hold me. He lives in mexico and recently got a job so we don't talk as much. I was definitely looking for attention. I feel awful because it's a form of betrayal but I didn't cheat and yea I would get mad too but I would forgive depending on the nature of the conversation. I've never lied to him so I just feel awful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (281)
15.28%
Uncertainty around my education (288)
15.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (183)
9.95%
Isolating with family (130)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (84)
4.57%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (153)
8.32%
Loneliness (182)
9.9%
Financial worries (75)
4.08%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (170)
9.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.18%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (161)
8.75%

Watched Threads