The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, can anyone suggest GAMSAT practice tests that have Bio, Chem and Physics questions separately like GAMSAT Chemistry/Biology sample questions by Prepgenie available on Scribd? Also, does anyone have solutions to those questions by prepgenie? Thank you!
Has anyone taken the GAMSAT that has learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, dyspraxia etc? I can't get over their 3 yr assessment policy as mine was 4 years ago. Has anyone else been in this situation / what did you do?
Reply 262
How accurate or valid is this?

https://timon.fearthecow.net/gamsat/

you need to get an unbelievably high mark (>60%) to achieve the bare minimum cut off (57) in section 1, whilst scoring 50% would give you the same score for section 3.
Original post by Flellophocus
Has anyone taken the GAMSAT that has learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, dyspraxia etc? I can't get over their 3 yr assessment policy as mine was 4 years ago. Has anyone else been in this situation / what did you do?

you need to get a letter from you educational psychologist (or whoever assessed you-so far as they are qualified) saying that your report is still valid, and the dyslexia you have still affects you.
Original post by mayowaok
you need to get a letter from you educational psychologist (or whoever assessed you-so far as they are qualified) saying that your report is still valid, and the dyslexia you have still affects you.

It's a highly offensive policy; dyslexia (etc) is for life, not just for exams, and new tests are very expensive.

Did you ever have a problem obtaining a letter at all?
It's a highly offensive policy; dyslexia (etc) is for life, not just for exams, and new tests are very expensive.

Did you ever have a problem obtaining a letter at all?

I did, I had to pay a pricey fee to obtain a letter as it was an 'additional service'. It is pretty rediculous tbh
Original post by mayowaok
I did, I had to pay a pricey fee to obtain a letter as it was an 'additional service'. It is pretty rediculous tbh

My original assessor has gone "off-grid" so to speak; I don't think he's in practice anymore as I can't get hold of them. How did you get a new letter?
My original assessor has gone "off-grid" so to speak; I don't think he's in practice anymore as I can't get hold of them. How did you get a new letter?

I called up my old university and got the number for my assessor who was no longer working with the school and had moved cities. I told her what they requested by forwarding the email they sent me and that I needed the letter ASAP.
Reply 268
Just to ask, how accurate is this?

https://timon.fearthecow.net/gamsat/

since a higher % in section 1 warrants a lower score, whereas a lower % in section 3 gives a higher score.
Reply 269
Hi all, Hope everyone is nearly ready!Looking for more practice question material for Section 1 and Section 3 - whole question papers or question banks. Trying to exhaust all the possible question types so there are no surprises! Thanks.
Reply 270
Original post by drsahib101
Hey

I'm using http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/year-1.html to cover the chemistry aspect. they also have the a-level chemistry as well if the university level is too advance. I'm going through some of the univrsity level one now, and it seems pretty straight forward. I will also be using Khan academy to go through the basics of organic/inorganic chemistry as well as some basics physics. As for anatomy and physiology im doing the same as you (im a radiographer). I'm trying to cover as much as I can and hope for the best. All the best for your exam!

DS X

Hi! Thanks so much for your reply and advice. I will think about buying that chemistry book, seems like a good place to begin. I also love Khan Academy, it's a really helpful resource and it's nice that it's free. Wishing you the very best for your exam and application process :smile:
Reply 271
Original post by Haawa.A
Hi guys

So glad i found this post :biggrin:
I am a qualified nurse, and have been trying to get to grips with the GAMSAT exam, hoping to get a decent grade this sept 18.
I was wondering if you guys had any tips, or if the whatsapp group was still active...

:smile:

Hey! It's lovely to hear from another nurse. I have put my revision on hold until I qualify but feel free to message me if you want to discuss the joys of GAMSAT or nursing related things :smile:
Hi guys, I’m going to take the GAMSAT next year September and I’ve started doing research and revision for it, a lot of people say that des O’Neil and acegamsat, along with the official Acer material is enough to get a good score? Such as above 70. Can anyone with experience with these materials share their thoughts, and anything else you have done which has given you a successful score?
Reply 273
How are people finding the des oneill papers/questions? much harder than acers? or more reflective?
Personally - I found Des O'Neil the best resource out there for the science section - the questions are very abstract like the real GAMSAT - and by doing a lot of questions u start to see the pattern of how GAMSAT works.
Has anyone done Task A essay of pink booklet? Is anyone willing to share or exchange? I wasn't able to find any sample essays on this topic, just to compare as I found it a bit difficult to discuss about compared to other topics ...
Hello! Sitting the GAMSAT for the first time next week. I assume its a question booklet and answer sheet for the multiple choice sections. Are we allowed to scribble on the booklet / are we allowed to ask for any spare paper or anything?
Hey everyone good luck for next week. Also, can I submit two valid scores for GAMSAT? I have a 60 overall from March 2018 and will sit it again next week to see if I can do better.
Reply 278
Original post by Medisaurus
Hey everyone good luck for next week. Also, can I submit two valid scores for GAMSAT? I have a 60 overall from March 2018 and will sit it again next week to see if I can do better.

You take the best mark forward for the overall gamsat... I.e. you can't take section1 from March and section 2 from September's sitting.

60 is a great score btw! How did you find the exam? How much did you revise? How different did you think it was compared to acers practice tests?
Original post by MZI3
You take the best mark forward for the overall gamsat... I.e. you can't take section1 from March and section 2 from September's sitting.

60 is a great score btw! How did you find the exam? How much did you revise? How different did you think it was compared to acers practice tests?

Hey, I'm a Biochemistry grad so I was confident with Chem and Bio. For physics I went over standard A level stuff. Mainly I just did as many questions as possible. I found the exam physics heavy but not too different from the ACER mocks.

So just to clarify can I submit my overall score from March with this September overall score and just use whichever is higher?

Latest

Trending

Trending