GAMSAT 2018 for 2019-2020 entry Watch

Starlit2018
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JLM1)
Hey,

What aides are you allowed to take into the GAMSAT? Can you take a calculator and highlighters or is it restricted to just pens and pencils?

Cheers
From what I have read, calculators are no longer allowed. Highlighters can be allowed I think this depends on the centre but you can always use a pen to highlight if they disallow highlighters.
blessedbytheone
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by londongirl1)
Hey! I have digital copies of all the Des O’Neill material if anybody wants to buy any of those? Just send me a message if you do!

Thanks.
Hey I am interested in purchasing the materials from you! What do u mean all, do you mind listing what you have and how much you are charging for them. Let me know if you would like me to PM you.

Cheers!
blessedbytheone
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gingerninja27)
Ive got a few of us meeting at Clapham Junction on Monday evening if that isn't too far for you? Happy to travel nearer to you next time?
Hey! If you are revising for the September sitting, count me in! I don't live far from Clapham Junction, and my current uni is close to King's Cross, so I do not mind meeting in either venue. If you are still accepting people I would also like to join!
sanasajid786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello ....i am selling des oniel course for gamsat along very other useful stuff. please pm me if you are interested. Thanks
Gingerninja27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blessedbytheone)
Hey! If you are revising for the September sitting, count me in! I don't live far from Clapham Junction, and my current uni is close to King's Cross, so I do not mind meeting in either venue. If you are still accepting people I would also like to join!
Yes of course!! its going to be 3 of us then! do you want to PM me your number and ill add you into the group?
rainhapassi123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just 2 weeks to go!
How's everyone studying?
coolheadjody
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys a lot of meetings going on that I would be very interested in. I'm a third year curently and my exams finish mid may, applying for admin based jobs in the NHS for the year - I worked as HCA for all of my second year so I've got experience but Im probably only gonna have 3 month to revise this and apply - is this possible?
I'll be moving back to London after uni this May and I live pretty central so would be interested in any of these groups. let me know Thanks. I've torrented a few of the acer material previously if anyone wants them I'll send a dropbox link - they are from like 2013/2014 tho
jupiter0119
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gingerninja27)
Yes of course!! its going to be 3 of us then! do you want to PM me your number and ill add you into the group?
Heyyy can I join? Clapham is pretty near me too, are you sitting the September exam?
rainhapassi123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ecmer)
Hey guys. I'm Selling the Des O'Neill PDF booklets. Its the latest version (2014) and I know they've stopped making them now. They have been so so useful for my own revision, I can't stress how much the questions are similar to the real exam and there are just endless pages of questions that you can do under timed conditions.Let me know if you are interested
Hi! How much are you selling them for?
rainhapassi123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ecmer)
£19.99
Includes Books for section 1,2 and 3 practice questions. And the Science revision course booklet.
Over 1300 pages of practice MCQ's.
Okay awesome. Could I contact you about it?
HirstRH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help me.

Currently studying Bsc Paramedic Practice but other than that don't have relevant scientific knowledge for part III (I.e no Chem or Biology A-Levels). Is there anyway to start from scratch or any good revision sources I can use?
TIA!
MZI3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does anybody have gamsat section iii syllabus?

i need advice... how hard is it to revise and how long are people revising for? how do people revise for sections 1 and 2 (especially section 2... the essays?) i dont really think essay after essay will improve your grade... only timing.

PhD student in cardiovascular science (due to finish 2018). 26 years old

2019 entry.
Arabicartist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MZI3)
does anybody have gamsat section iii syllabus?

i need advice... how hard is it to revise and how long are people revising for? how do people revise for sections 1 and 2 (especially section 2... the essays?) i dont really think essay after essay will improve your grade... only timing.

PhD student in cardiovascular science (due to finish 2018). 26 years old

2019 entry.
I can pm you the syllabus I used if you want! It's pretty long to type all on here.

It's actually not that hard to revise for the Gamsat; it's more a case of sitting yourself down for 2/3 hours a day for a good 3 months I'd advise. What's hard about this exam is more the length and the stamina you must conjure up for it. In practising questions, I'd advise doing chunks of questions together under time pressured conditions following the first few weeks of revision - the point is to be able do question after question without losing concentration. Purely answering questions leisurely in your revision isn't as useful.

I got 77 in my essay section and honestly my main advice IS to do essay after essay. Read AC Grayling's essays online as they give you good lines of thought.

Other than that, do as many practice questions as you can. Contrary to belief, revision of science content is less helpful. Know the velocity, density, force etc. formulae but know more how to APPLY them (and you'll get that from doing questions) )

I hope this helps! (I'm selling some GAMSAT material i used to sit the exam in Sep 2017 if anyone is interested). It's really not crazy stressful if you control your anxiety, it just requires stamina.
Arabicartist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HirstRH)
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help me.

Currently studying Bsc Paramedic Practice but other than that don't have relevant scientific knowledge for part III (I.e no Chem or Biology A-Levels). Is there anyway to start from scratch or any good revision sources I can use?
TIA!

Chemistry - work through the Leah4Sci videos (Fischer projections, chirality, enantiomers, mechanisms, acidity, kA)
Physics - Work through the electricity, waves, capacitors, nuclear fission videos. Just watch them and make a FEW notes.
Biology - Any standard A-level book.

Reflecting on my Section III revision it was most useful when I did questions. Get access to questions so you can just practice, practice, practice!
There are even gamsat videos online explaining how you get to some of the answers from the practice papers.

try and find A-level questions online and answer them timing yourself
JLM1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

Just looking for some advice. I've been ill for the last few weeks (excellent timing) and the new meds i'm cause a lot a nausea and occassionaly vomiting. Theres not a chance in hell i'm missing the exam, spent too much of the last 3 months stressing about it. But I don't suppose anyone knows if theres some sort of protocol for illness and the exam? I feel like the invigilators are going to be very suspicious if I leave the hall every 30 minutes to throw up.

Any advice would be appreciated!
daiigou
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JLM1)
Hey,

Just looking for some advice. I've been ill for the last few weeks (excellent timing) and the new meds i'm cause a lot a nausea and occassionaly vomiting. Theres not a chance in hell i'm missing the exam, spent too much of the last 3 months stressing about it. But I don't suppose anyone knows if theres some sort of protocol for illness and the exam? I feel like the invigilators are going to be very suspicious if I leave the hall every 30 minutes to throw up.

I honestly went to the toilet about 5 times during section 3 so I wouuldn't too much. However, my friend fainted during the exam and they didn't give her any mitigation. They're really quite strict on that account.
xcm_m
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JLM1)
Hey,

That's really crap I can feel your pain. I would advise to just go for it (as you already are) and see how it goes. Just tell the invigilator directly before the test so they know. You could then email Gamsat and tell them directly. Their policy does seem quite strict but I think it's mostly for those who take the piss a bit. This year's instructions email contains a strong emphasis on wearing layers in the test centre if it's too hot/too cold, and I think this is a big clue to what people have complained about in the previous years. In your case the situation is genuine so shouldn't be a problem in terms of potential mitigating circumstances my opinion.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon (I know the exam nerves won't help but still)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JLM1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

So I have another question, like a complete moron i've left my Passport in Glasgow and i'm now in Liverpool ready for the test. Do you think they'll accept my driving licence as ID even though I've put passport on my admissions ticket?

Cheers
daiigou
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JLM1)
Hey,

So I have another question, like a complete moron i've left my Passport in Glasgow and i'm now in Liverpool ready for the test. Do you think they'll accept my driving licence as ID even though I've put passport on my admissions ticket?

Cheers
I'd email them immediately. They're very strict
JLM1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by daiigou)
I'd email them immediately. They're very strict
I did, but I got the response that the office was shut until the 26th. Called the GAMSAT office in the UK and woman said she didn't know, which was so useful of her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (85)
18.89%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.22%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.67%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.22%