Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many Mocks are there usually meant to be in Year 11 before the actual GCSEs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently going through my first set of Mocks in year 11 which end next week. Even though they're really annoying I think they help get used to the routine, at least for me they do. So I wanted to get an idea of how many there'll be before the actual exams.

ReputationRep:
    I think it’s about 2/3 depending on the school. Good luck with them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _amz_)
    Currently going through my first set of Mocks in year 11 which end next week. Even though they're really annoying I think they help get used to the routine, at least for me they do. So I wanted to get an idea of how many there'll be before the actual exams.
    Well my school only did one set of mock exams in December, but through out the rest of the year we constantly focused on just past papers (Except for history since my teacher taught us the wrong unit :/)

But this differs from school to school so I dunno about your school specifically. However, expect a ton of past papers up until GCSEs even if they aren't officially called 'mocks'

ReputationRep:
    I've already had a set, and have some more in February. I think 2 is the norm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _amz_)
    We had the main ones in December of all subjects, and then ones just for Maths and English at the end of March which were more accurate predictions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _amz_)
    I had two sets. One before Christmas and one just before Easter.

You're in your final year, the end is near Just keep ploughing ahead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlashaRussia)
    Well my school only did one set of mock exams in December, but through out the rest of the year we constantly focused on just past papers (Except for history since my teacher taught us the wrong unit :/)

But this differs from school to school so I dunno about your school specifically. However, expect a ton of past papers up until GCSEs even if they aren't officially called 'mocks'
    Wow that must have been annoying for history. I think we'll be doing specimen papers then cos we're doing the new GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I had two sets. One before Christmas and one just before Easter.

You're in your final year, the end is near Just keep ploughing ahead
    (Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
    We had the main ones in December of all subjects, and then ones just for Maths and English at the end of March which were more accurate predictions
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    I think it’s about 2/3 depending on the school. Good luck with them!
    I'm definitely going to prepare better for the next ones so I'm ready for the real exams (English is just gonna be the biggest pain in the ass). Thanks for all the info and good wishes

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Thanks for your comment!
    Normally, I think its fair to say that 3 sets of mocks for each subject are enough! (I know this means a lot of revision and hard work) Although this may differ from school to school.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haneeq786)
    Hi,
    Thanks for your comment!
    Normally, I think its fair to say that 3 sets of mocks for each subject are enough! (I know this means a lot of revision and hard work) Although this may differ from school to school.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Yeah I need to start revising rigorously now (but it's so hard ). Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I had one set at the end of year 10 and one in around February Year 11.

ReputationRep:
    Good question.
    Back in GCSEs, my school had Christmas mocks (penultimate week before we broke up) and March mocks. However, there were numerous assessment weeks in between.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Good question.
    Back in GCSEs, my school had Christmas mocks (penultimate week before we broke up) and March mocks. However, there were numerous assessment weeks in between.
    Even if I'm stressing now, I'm sure that I'll look back at it after my GCSEs and be grateful for the preparation it gave me :burnout:

ReputationRep:
    I had 3 before mine
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    There is one official mock exam which will be the expected grade for the final. It is the official one the school/college puts forward to the examining board as part of the course, and the one they fall back on if you don't attend or need a remark etc.

The others are just practice papers. I did 4 practice papers and 1 mock before my final exam last year.

The official mock is done under exam conditions sometimes in the place you will take the exam or in the class room, it just depends on the school/college.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.