The Student Room Group

Can anyone explain the differences of the units in the sciences (B1, B2, B3, C1, etc)

I see people here and from other schools talking about it but I'm not sure what it is as our teachers have never mentioned it. I'm doing AQA triple science where they are split up into modules from 1-8.
Original post by johnclifford
I see people here and from other schools talking about it but I'm not sure what it is as our teachers have never mentioned it. I'm doing AQA triple science where they are split up into modules from 1-8.

B1, C1, P1 etc were for the old A*-G specification.

Basically put, everyone did B1, B2, C1, C2, P1, P2 and those doing Triple did B3, C3, P3 on top.
Original post by johnclifford

As the above poster mentioned, they're were the modules relevant to the old specification. You don't have to worry about it. You will sit 2 papers per science, each constituting 50% of your GCSE, and will receive 3 GCSEs, one for each individual science. I believe slightly differing topics are examined on each paper.

Quick Reply

Latest