Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I tell my mum I want to wear boxers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of girls wear boxers, just ask... failing that buy them yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I have some trouble too but im a guy who wants to wear knickers i need advice thanks
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5046752

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    even with one arm she can still dress her self
    if she is old enough and has enough mental capacity to ask such a question on here, then she is old enough to buy her own damn clothes and dress herself.
    dont be so damn nasty
    You’ve no idea of personal circumstances, age or availability of money

(Original post by carrotstar)
    Sometimes it’s easier to put feeling on paper instead of face to face. Maybe leave a note under her pillow or something? Explain how you feel and then she will most likely bring it up the next day.
    For a second I thought ur profile pic was of squidward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For a second I thought ur profile pic was of squidward
    Oooo I’m famous
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1.) Buy really cheap ones, possibly even Aldi or Lidl will have cheap sets
    2.) For washing- Wash them in the sink/bath when both parents are out, just put a table spoon of washing powder or even shower gel/bubble bath in and scrub them and leave them to soak for a bit then just rinse with water, use ur hair dryer or even an iron to dry them (if u aren't able to use the drier) and leave them to dry in ur room 😊😊

(Original post by EmilyMisty)
    Thats true, but I could try that but unsure if she would even suggest boxers, she might just suggest those big knickers or something.
    Parents like to think they're understanding yet still shut you down at things like that, I understand. You could ask her if she thinks boxers could potentially be more comfortable for you to wear, as if you're suggesting it but not definite. I don't know, it is what I would do with my dad personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    dont be so damn nasty
    You’ve no idea of personal circumstances, age or availability of money
    age is irrelevant to wearing boxers so that is useless
    money too, you need money to buy them, unless your assuming shes going to steal them from peoples washing lines, so again, irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    age is irrelevant to wearing boxers so that is useless
    money too, you need money to buy them, unless your assuming shes going to steal them from peoples washing lines, so again, irrelevant.
    You’re the one who said if she’s old enough to ask here she’s old enough to buy them
    You’ve no idea how old she is and if she has money
    And you’re right, everything you said is irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    when I was a kid I wanted to wear boxers because they provided more room for my package

why would a girl want to wear boxers???

OP is there something you're not telling us........

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, I would just ask her and if you don't feel comfortable asking her, than the next time you go shopping get yourself a pair. When your referring to boxers are you meaning boxer shorts or boxer briefs? and are you thinking of wearing the silk or cotton ones? Even though I'm a guy, I would recommend the silk ones as they are the most comfortable ones to wear and I've worn silk boxers for years. Are you thinking of getting guy boxers or girl boxers?

ReputationRep:
    guy boxers and thanks for the advice, I told her the day I posted this and she didn't really mind as one of the reasons I wanted to wear them were because I started wearing these girl boxers from superdry but they were 13 pound each or 2 for 20 pound so I thought I mase well just get guy boxers as they are cheaper. My mum understood this as this way I can save money. I bought 3 pairs from primark the other day and wearing them now and they are so comfy and they just look good.

ReputationRep:
    guy boxers and thanks for the advice, I told her the day I posted this and she didn't really mind as one of the reasons I wanted to wear them were because I started wearing these girl boxers from superdry but they were 13 pound each or 2 for 20 pound so I thought I mase well just get guy boxers as they are cheaper. My mum understood this as this way I can save money. I bought 3 pairs from primark the other day and wearing them now and they are so comfy and they just look good.
    No problem, are they boxer briefs or boxer shorts? I would highly go for the boxer shorts though

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to do it? Explicitly? You could just start buying boxers/telling her that you'd like boxers in the future instead, I doubt she'll object.

ReputationRep:
    yess!! im so happy for u <3 im a gender nonconforming female so i think i get where ur coming from - being feminine feels less comfy to me, and i exclusively wear sports bras, and want to get more boxers. proud of u for knowing what u want and going for it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.