Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to the sociology masterclass in Cambridge this year ...??? i was planning to go with my friend but she's having 2nd thoughts and im pretty sure she wont end up going.. thing is im not such a confident person in a way and i was going to rely on her to help us get there by train (i have no idea how to navigate and go to places on my own :/ ) and just in general its more comforting going with someone you know... i really dont wanna go alone... so who else is going to the sociology masterclass this year ..? tbh i dont go out much to these events hence why i feel like it will also look great on my CV as its pretty blank tbh.
    Also who has already gone... was it worth going ???

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to the sociology one but I did go to the Philosophy one earlier this year. Definitely worth going if you feel like you can get there okay.

Would it be possible for you to have a parent take you? My dad took me and I found that helpful. If not, from what I have heard from students at Cambridge it is very easy to get to the colleges from the station, so as long as you have a map with you I'm sure you would be fine. You could always write down the number of a contact at the college (just the number for the porters lodge maybe, which should be available online) so that there is someone in Cambridge you can ring in case you get lost?

I hope that something here was helpful, but it would definitely be worth going!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
    I haven't been to the sociology one but I did go to the Philosophy one earlier this year. Definitely worth going if you feel like you can get there okay.

Would it be possible for you to have a parent take you? My dad took me and I found that helpful. If not, from what I have heard from students at Cambridge it is very easy to get to the colleges from the station, so as long as you have a map with you I'm sure you would be fine. You could always write down the number of a contact at the college (just the number for the porters lodge maybe, which should be available online) so that there is someone in Cambridge you can ring in case you get lost?

I hope that something here was helpful, but it would definitely be worth going!
    Ohhh woww Thank you so much for the insight ! Yh I think I will get my parent to drop me off and I'll ask around if I do get lost . Now I really do feel that it's worth going and I'm not wasting my time 😊😅 makes me feel more secure and comforted now thanks !

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!! Do you mind me asking which college you'll be going to the masterclass at? Mine was at Corpus Christi, but a lot of the colleges are quite close together.

Also, if your parent were to drive I would recommend the Trumpington park and ride. Much less expensive than parking in the city centre, and the bus stop is right in the centre by where many of the colleges are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddraigdwr2)
    You're welcome!! Do you mind me asking which college you'll be going to the masterclass at? Mine was at Corpus Christi, but a lot of the colleges are quite close together.

Also, if your parent were to drive I would recommend the Trumpington park and ride. Much less expensive than parking in the city centre, and the bus stop is right in the centre by where many of the colleges are.
    not 100% sure tbh ill fund out tho
    and yh thats sounds like a more sensible solution (park and ride) thanks again haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.