Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Welcome!

(Thought I'd try this out...)

Brief history: After a terrible year 10(I'm not even kidding I had to teach myself biology, came out with an 8 although I don't recommend) I've decided to document my journey through year 11.. hopefully this year is better. I'm a year 11 student from London who loves science, food, music, TWD, Game of Thrones, Dexter and above all.. procrastinating.

Predicted(end of y10);
    english lang - 8
    english lit - 8
    physics - 8
    chemistry - 8
    biology - 8
    geography - 7
    religious studies - 7
    maths - 6
    french - 5(i know I'm terrible)
    ECDL - Di*

Aiming for;
    english lang - 8
    english lit - 8/9
    physics - 8/9
    chemistry - 8/9
    biology - 8
    geography - 8
    religious studies - 7
    maths - 7/8
    french - 5
    ECDL - Di*

Subject roundup:
    Best subjects - English(lang&lit), Chem, Phys - the teachers are amazing, content is interesting

Middle subjects - Geography, Bio, French, Maths - teachers are again amazing, but it the people who make up the class... they don't care at all about their learning

Worst subject - Religious studies... no, just no. Things used to be ok but now..

I'll try and update this once a week(I say that now lmao) Bye!! (P.S. the name's Shannon)

currently reading - War & Peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srennie)

Welcome!

(Thought I'd try this out...)

Brief history: After a terrible year 10(I'm not even kidding I had to teach myself biology, came out with an 8 although I don't recommend) I've decided to document my journey through year 11.. hopefully this year is better. I'm a year 11 student from London who loves science, food, music, TWD, Game of Thrones, Dexter and above all.. procrastinating.

Predicted(end of y10);
    english lang - 8
    english lit - 8
    physics - 8
    chemistry - 8
    biology - 8
    geography - 7
    religious studies - 7
    maths - 6
    french - 5(i know I'm terrible)
    ECDL - Di*

Aiming for;
    english lang - 8
    english lit - 8/9
    physics - 8/9
    chemistry - 8/9
    biology - 8
    geography - 8
    religious studies - 7
    maths - 7/8
    french - 5
    ECDL - Di*

Subject roundup:
    Best subjects - English(lang&lit), Chem, Phys - the teachers are amazing, content is interesting

Middle subjects - Geography, Bio, French, Maths - teachers are again amazing, but it the people who make up the class... they don't care at all about their learning

Worst subject - Religious studies... no, just no. Things used to be ok but now..

I'll try and update this once a week(I say that now lmao) Bye!! (P.S. the name's Shannon)

good luck! will be following this
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    good luck! will be following this
    Thank you!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, they are some impressive grades and predictions you have there! Any ideas what you want to study at A level yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Good luck, they are some impressive grades and predictions you have there! Any ideas what you want to study at A level yet?
    Thank you! I hope to study Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Geography and try and do AS Latin/Further maths if I can
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srennie)
    Thank you! I hope to study Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Geography and try and do AS Latin/Further maths if I can
    They are great choices! I've never done any latin at all, I did all your others at AS/A2 though except geography which I wish I had. It's a really good combination too!

ReputationRep:

Update 1

(18/11/17)

This week was ok, I got some tests back from the week before and got a 9 in English, and 8 in geography and an 8 in physics. Don't get me wrong I'm happy of course, but I seriously thought that I had failed the English test, so I'm still in a bit of a shock.
    I also caught up with a friend that I haven't spoken to in months so that was good, he gave me the motivation that my revision is not in vain, and that i wont fail (im terrified i will).

My mocks are in just over 2 weeks and to say im panicking is to say the least...
    Biology is on B1-4, Physics P1-4 and Chemistry C1-5 (everyone in triple science failed last mock)
    English lit is on Macbeth and Insp calls (we did poetry and christmas carol last mock)
    All we know for eng lang is that its not a story
    Maths is topics 1-12 (topic 12 is quadratics and i hate quadratics)
    Geography is component 2- UK
    RS is Kingdom of God, creation, incarnation and triune god

I feel ok for the English, Science, Geography and Maths mocks. Lately i've been getting all the grade 8-9 maths questions right so thats boosted my confidence a little. Also, when i told one of my close friends that i wanted an 8 in my maths mock she looked at me and laughed. Not going to lie, that hurt. But its given me extra motivation to prove her wrong and get the grade. Even if i dont get an 8, i'll still be in a 7.
    RS however, im just going to read the textbook and hope for the best..

Until next week..

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You can do it! Keep going steadily and you'll be okay. Mocks are there to show you what you need to work on and if there's any areas you need more help with, so don't worry too much if you don't know absolutely everything it looks like you're going to do great!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.