Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hii, This might sound like a silly question but what do I do for my history coursework (besides a 2000 word essay) and how?

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you can write about anything, what about history intrigues you the most? The problem with history is you have the entirety of human civilisation to pick from.
    Choose a time period eg 1800s and research events that happened.
    Or you could do an essay on an ongoing social issue eg how society has moved towards gender /racial equality from the 1800s/ 1950s
    Or modern history like Vietnam/Cold War.

A tip is to watch some episodes of horrible histories and see what era sparks some interest and research that. Otherwise only you can really make that decision
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meeravirdee)
    Assuming you can write about anything, what about history intrigues you the most? The problem with history is you have the entirety of human civilisation to pick from.
    Choose a time period eg 1800s and research events that happened.
    Or you could do an essay on an ongoing social issue eg how society has moved towards gender /racial equality from the 1800s/ 1950s
    Or modern history like Vietnam/Cold War.

A tip is to watch some episodes of horrible histories and see what era sparks some interest and research that. Otherwise only you can really make that decision
    Oh I'm so sorry, the general topic is the Reichstag Fire in 1923.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohitvemulapad)
    Oh I'm so sorry, the general topic is the Reichstag Fire in 1923.
    Maybe who started it? You can make a case for Hitler, but also the possibly biased evidence that it was communists and all that. Or how it impacted the war and actions of Nazi Germany etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.