Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I Think the boy im texting is way too good for me. watch

I’m 16 and I haven’t spoke to a boy for years because I go to an all girls school. I had a boyfriend when I was like 10 his name is Cory. I’ve always been fat and ugly. I haven’t got friends anymore and have barely been out with friends for years. So I added Cory on Facebook about 2 weeks ago and about a week ago he started messaging me and added me on snapchat. We were talking about general things, where I live now (same place),how am I etc. He said that I’m beautiful and I told him I don’t think I am. Another time he told me I’m pretty and again I told him I don’t agree and this morning he said that I’m sexy. I’ve just ignored this because I’m not. I’m fat and I’m ugly. He is a 10/10 in my books and I’d probably just about scrape a 3 or MAYBE a 4 on a really good day. He wants to meet but firstly I would have to tell my Mam where I’m going because she would find it strange that I’m going out (I never go out) and I don’t like talking about things like this with her and secondly, what if I go there and he’s just taking the piss or I look worse than what he thought. I really like him tbh and i don’t want to (and don’t know how to) just cut him off but I also don’t want to string him along. My head is just so fried. I also have social anxiety and depression.

ReputationRep:
    if he think you are pretty, then that's his truth
    Also, it might be a self esteem issue on your part

I so annoyed with myself for ruining this chance 😭😭😭

Seriously go for it if he thinks your beautiful then you are stop worrying so much if he didn’t think you were he wouldn’t be telling you are and talking to you would he - just go for it Caus if you don’t you will never know if he likes you or not - but if you aren’t so keen then leave it just won’t think your fat and ugly as trust be your probably not if you think you are
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just go with an open mind. Tell him you are a little nervous and I am sure if he is as great as you think he will put you at ease. If you are worried he wont find you physically attractive try video chatting before bed. Low lighting (covers blemishes but he gets a far more true representation of how you look and then from that if he still interested you will only surprise him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m 16 and I haven’t spoke to a boy for years because I go to an all girls school. I had a boyfriend when I was like 10 his name is Cory. I’ve always been fat and ugly. I haven’t got friends anymore and have barely been out with friends for years. So I added Cory on Facebook about 2 weeks ago and about a week ago he started messaging me and added me on snapchat. We were talking about general things, where I live now (same place),how am I etc. He said that I’m beautiful and I told him I don’t think I am. Another time he told me I’m pretty and again I told him I don’t agree and this morning he said that I’m sexy. I’ve just ignored this because I’m not. I’m fat and I’m ugly. He is a 10/10 in my books and I’d probably just about scrape a 3 or MAYBE a 4 on a really good day. He wants to meet but firstly I would have to tell my Mam where I’m going because she would find it strange that I’m going out (I never go out) and I don’t like talking about things like this with her and secondly, what if I go there and he’s just taking the piss or I look worse than what he thought. I really like him tbh and i don’t want to (and don’t know how to) just cut him off but I also don’t want to string him along. My head is just so fried. I also have social anxiety and depression.
    So I'm gonna give you a very honest reply, because you seem quite self aware and intelligent. I'm gonna take your self assessment at face value and assume its correct. Maybe you are indeed 'overweight' and maybe most people would genuinely only see you as a '3 or 4' /10. But the thing is with attractiveness is that its subjective and even if most people would largely agree on your attractiveness, there will be a small subset of people who find you vastly more or less attractive attractive that what most other people think, its just how these things work. So it is very possible he is actually highly attracted to you, even if you don't think you yourself are attractive, and even if you are correct in thinking most other people wouldn't find you that attractive. Some people just like each other.

The fact you had a cute little boy-girl relationship when you were 10 (most people are too innocent to play games at this age) suggests to me that maybe he really does find you genuinely attractive, regardless of what you think. On the other hand if we are being extremely cynical, maybe he just wants to try to sleep with someone and thinks you might be an easy target to manipulate because of the history you had when you were younger. Those are the two main possibilities- it's up to you to decide if you think hes being genuine though!

ReputationRep:
    He probably just likes em thick 👀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks all for the advice. I really don’t know what todo because I’m thinking should I be talking to someone/seeing someone when I got issues? He wants to take me on a date next week but idkwhere and I’m not really the type to go on a proper date.

ReputationRep:
    ask to meet up somewhere u know well like in a local cafe and meet in the day. it allows u too keep it a bit more causal and u can figure out how u feel about him and how he feels about u. u could possibly say when u meet that u have to leave by a certian time bc u have to help your mum with something.
    also in regards to the issues bit i would say its up to how u feel. its ok to get into a relationship when u have stuff to work on but if u feel it would be too much let him know. its really up to how u feel xx

I think he’s given up now because I didn’t answer him. I think though after Christmas I’ll be ready and sorted things out a bit (plus I’ll be starting to drive beginning of jan and hopefully pass in February which gives me more chance to go out without my mother asking where 😂) I really do like him thoUgh. We have a 10 day streak, would it be weird to keep it going ?

ReputationRep:
    Obligatory badger message:

:badger:Leagues are a nonsense concept :badger:

If he's complimenting loads that tends to mean he thinks you're good looking. You are his type while you is not your own. In looks there is no truly objective good and bad.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    We have a 10 day streak, would it be weird to keep it going ?
    If you like him totally keep it going.

honestly don't worry about it you are probably over thinking it x

I just hope he’s still interested when I’m ready

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.