Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since i can remember i have always wanted to become a radiographer. i have had scoliosis surgery within the past year also so i have had so many xrays and just find it interesting, however i am on my second year of my btec applied science course and writing my personal statement for uni and i need opinions. i have been working with a websiting company for over a year and they have recently said i could possibly work full time if i wanted to sometime in the future, and i also really enjoy working with websites and in an office, i have also had experience working within another office and being an accountant and managing phone calls and customers details etc, i love the office environment and it is what i have been used to for over a year and love it. i really want to go into full time work now and love working within an office, however i am on my last year of the science course and starting to find it difficult and am slowly being put off by it.. i havent spoken to many people about it as i dont really know what to do.. could anyone give me an opinion or advice? Thankyou, Keeley
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If you're no longer interested in science I wouldn't pursue three years of in depth scientific study, rather instead of wasting the academic portfolio you've built up, I'd go for a part-time degree related to the working environment you're in. This way simultaneously you will achieve years of experience, less financial strain and industry knowledge. By the time you graduate you would have a degree alongside years of relevant experience under your belt which would form a formidable application and lead to bigger things in the industry you're currently in.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeley00)
    Since i can remember i have always wanted to become a radiographer. i have had scoliosis surgery within the past year also so i have had so many xrays and just find it interesting, however i am on my second year of my btec applied science course and writing my personal statement for uni and i need opinions. i have been working with a websiting company for over a year and they have recently said i could possibly work full time if i wanted to sometime in the future, and i also really enjoy working with websites and in an office, i have also had experience working within another office and being an accountant and managing phone calls and customers details etc, i love the office environment and it is what i have been used to for over a year and love it. i really want to go into full time work now and love working within an office, however i am on my last year of the science course and starting to find it difficult and am slowly being put off by it.. i havent spoken to many people about it as i dont really know what to do.. could anyone give me an opinion or advice? Thankyou, Keeley
    Hiya Keeley:hi:

This thread has been moved into this sub-forum for you so that you should hopefully get the information you're looking for.:yep: Feel free to browse around the forum to find any more useful info about careers in IT.

Hope you get the advice you're after.

MR:cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.