which uni courses make it likely to transfer to medicine in the second year? Watch

Blazingphoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by damza)
This question doesn't have to mean directly I'm interested in this pathway or at all. But to answer ur question I'm reapplying to uni ( for a diff course (didn't apply for med to begin with) for this coming year. I'm also missing the big chemistry which I'm aware aspiring med students need. You said you've done it, can you tell me a little bit about how that went for you, what A levels you took and which course you transferred from? Thank you for your time
Ah yeah, that lack of chemistry is going to be a problem. Also the fact that you are a resit applicant (I am assuming you didn't get AAA with your other subjects) will also limit you to some medicine foundation courses (which would still have been a better route in than transferring.)

I actually took 5 A levels (6 if you include General Studies :rolleyes: [but no one does]) consisting of Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Physics and Further Maths. THIS WAS TAKEN OVER THREE YEARS AS I RESAT (I'm not a clever clogs). I transferred from Biomedical Genetics.
username3581912
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Blazingphoenix)
Ah yeah, that lack of chemistry is going to be a problem. Also the fact that you are a resit applicant (I am assuming you didn't get AAA with your other subjects) will also limit you to some medicine foundation courses (which would still have been a better route in than transferring.)

I actually took 5 A levels (6 if you include General Studies :rolleyes: [but no one does]) consisting of Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Physics and Further Maths. THIS WAS TAKEN OVER THREE YEARS AS I RESAT (I'm not a clever clogs). I transferred from Biomedical Genetics.
How many times did you retake and which subjects, did you pick up any new ones? Did you resit as an external student or attend college/ sixth form?

Thank you, you've been helpful!
Blazingphoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by damza)
How many times did you retake and which subjects, did you pick up any new ones? Did you resit as an external student or attend college/ sixth form?

Thank you, you've been helpful!
How many times? I took 5 AS levels, dropped to 3 A2 levels, then resat 1 and picked up the other 2 to A2 level the next year. This was at sixth form.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (282)
92.46%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (23)
7.54%

Watched Threads