Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I desperately need help with my personal statement as I have no clue on what I need to write about.

ReputationRep:
    any experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashwin20)
    I desperately need help with my personal statement as I have no clue on what I need to write about.
    Write about why you wanted to do biochemistry....? Your strengths and why you think the Uni should accept you / invite you for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carolyne2891)
    any experience?
    The only experience i've had is working in a pharmacy but i doubt thats useful for this

ReputationRep:
    The only experience i've had is working in a pharmacy but i doubt thats useful for this
    No that's good, you've been exposed to a clinical, sterile environment and understand the role within the healthcare industry. Could mention drug action and the invaluable role they play? Dexterity in being a scientist ? being trusted to have a large responsibility. I'm jealous I couldn't get work experience in a pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    No that's good, you've been exposed to a clinical, sterile environment and understand the role within the healthcare industry. Could mention drug action and the invaluable role they play? Dexterity in being a scientist ? being trusted to have a large responsibility. I'm jealous I couldn't get work experience in a pharmacy
    Thank you, i'll make sure i write about this. It took a lot of effort to get the work experience but i've got another week of work experience in a pharmacy coming up at the end of the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    Write about why you wanted to do biochemistry....? Your strengths and why you think the Uni should accept you / invite you for an interview?
    How much should i write about this?

ReputationRep:
    How much should i write about this?
    Do a draft first - you'll find that you soon run out of things to write. Just write about why you want to do it (e.g. story behind your application?), your experience (in pharmacy is good!) and your strengths (e.g. I have an analytical mind, as evidenced by....). See how many words you can come up with!

ReputationRep:
    Do a draft first - you'll find that you soon run out of things to write. Just write about why you want to do it (e.g. story behind your application?), your experience (in pharmacy is good!) and your strengths (e.g. I have an analytical mind, as evidenced by....). See how many words you can come up with!
    Ahhh ok, its quite hard to come up with stuff to write about. Also is it a good idea to write about my part time job? i work in retail.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh ok, its quite hard to come up with stuff to write about. Also is it a good idea to write about my part time job? i work in retail.
    Absolutely - it helps you with communication (with customers) and working in a team (with your colleagues). Potentially if you were promoted that would be a plus. It also gives you a sense of responsibility. There are lots of ways you can spin what you do into a positive if you think about it.

ReputationRep:
    pick a topic on biochemistry outside the a level syabullus and write about why it interests you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you're great. I appreciate the help makes it so much easier now.
    Absolutely - it helps you with communication (with customers) and working in a team (with your colleagues). Potentially if you were promoted that would be a plus. It also gives you a sense of responsibility. There are lots of ways you can spin what you do into a positive if you think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you're great. I appreciate the help makes it so much easier now.
    Let me know if you need any more help!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, i'll make sure i write about this. It took a lot of effort to get the work experience but i've got another week of work experience in a pharmacy coming up at the end of the month.
    Aw that's great! Well you clearly deserve it and good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's great! Well you clearly deserve it and good luck!!
    Thank you so much for your help, i appreciate it so much!

ReputationRep:
    Let me know if you need any more help!
    Sorry to bother you but im kind of struggling. Im not sure what to exactly write about the pahrmacy experience.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bother you but im kind of struggling. Im not sure what to exactly write about the pahrmacy experience.
    Ok, being in a pharmacy would have given you insight into the practical application of your future work, and how research and manufacturing of medication is applied in real life. It is good for communication (with patients) and useful to know that your (future) work is translated into actual use. It also shows your initiative at searching for work related to your discipline.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.