Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Problems within herself causing problems with us? Watch

I am a girl kind of dating a girl, we act like a couple but are not... But that's not the important part.

I feel like everything with us is good but i know she has a lot of issues within herself , The problem is i don't know exactly what and she never opens up and talks about it, It never really bothered me but something happened the other day that made me realise it could also affect me.
    Not in a nasty way as i if i don't care about her but i just didn't feel i should push her in to talking about she's something she's uncomfortable with.

So the other day i was staying round her house as i usually do and we were kinda doing something sexual but i was't really feeling into it so i stopped but carried with her so she could still get some pleasure...But then she just stopped and threw a tantrum about it and we didn't speak for a while.
    Then blah blah we went through some argument and her being stubborn and got back to it, Long story short she couldn't *** and she just said don't worry about it and then a few seconds later stormed out the room.
    She then came back and sat away from me and i kept asking what was wrong but she wouldn't talk to me so i just said i would leave because at this point i felt like a burden.
    So then she got upset and i managed to get her in bed to hug with me and she opened up the tiniest bit and said it was things in her head that stopped her from being able to *** but she wouldn't say anymore.. Just she was embarrassed to talk about it.
    Then she just seemed to become nasty to me and said a lot of nasty things and so i just started crying and that's when she stopped and she just kept saying sorry over and over and trying to hug me.
    I fell asleep crying while she was hugging me and then next day she was super nice and kept saying sorry.

I said it was ok.... But i don't know if it is and i don't know what to do.
    I know she has issues and i just feel so helpless.. I don't really know what i can do.
    Sorry its been a long post but i just wondered if anyone had any ideas of how i could perhaps get her to open up?
    I just don't know what to do really

ReputationRep:
    Tell her she gets professional help or you leave, sounds tough but you can’t spend your life babying someone who won’t open up to you and won’t help themselves.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You need to make it clear she can't treat you like that, regardless of her issues - it's not an excuse for treating someone like dirt. Further than that all you can do is tell her you're there for her.

(Original post by del1rious)
    Tell her she gets professional help or you leave, sounds tough but you can’t spend your life babying someone who won’t open up to you and won’t help themselves.
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    You need to make it clear she can't treat you like that, regardless of her issues - it's not an excuse for treating someone like dirt. Further than that all you can do is tell her you're there for her.
    Thanks for your advice, Guess i just have to sit her down and talk with her and tell her its not acceptable to talk to me like she did, But at the same time show i am still there for her.
    Suggesting professional help could be a good idea but with her i think its just one step at a time and about moving slowly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.