Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WORST GYMFAIL. Rip any ego i once had. Enjoy. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Most embarrassing experience of my life. Here's how it went…i go over to this loaded bench press bar and proceed to take off a plate from one side only. As you'd imagine, the other side of the bar has a plate fall off it and the bar is left slanting. I wish it stopped here. I then put the plate that i originally took off, back on, to only see that the plate that fell off had smashed someone's fancy bottle who was stationed nearby. Not only that, but when this unfortunate dude's bottle got smashed, the drink inside got all over him. I went over and apologised. Right after, i try to get back to my workout but i just felt like i made a ******** of a situation and left the gym. Lucky the plate didn't hit anyone (it was a 20kg plate so could've done some real damage). I really don't know how one could be so senseless and stupid but here i am. Now how can i go back without having that same embarrassing feeling, knowing i could run into someone who witnessed the calamity? Or even worse, seeing the actual fellow i almost hit. What i did was dangerous and the embarrassment was unbearable. I think this gymfail will beat a lot of other gymfails out there. If my fail hadn't involved someone else i wouldn't be feeling so bad, but it did and i feel awful. **** ME. I'm hoping i can erase this incident from memory and guess i'll just have to crank the music right up when i go back to this gym for awhile. If you've got your own embarrassing gymfails- please share them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnyD)
    Most embarrassing experience of my life. Here's how it went…i go over to this loaded bench press bar and proceed to take off a plate from one side only. As you'd imagine, the other side of the bar has a plate fall off it and the bar is left slanting. I wish it stopped here. I then put the plate that i originally took off, back on, to only see that the plate that fell off had smashed someone's fancy bottle who was stationed nearby. Not only that, but when this unfortunate dude's bottle got smashed, the drink inside got all over him. I went over and apologised. Right after, i try to get back to my workout but i just felt like i made a ******** of a situation and left the gym. Lucky the plate didn't hit anyone (it was a 20kg plate so could've done some real damage). I really don't know how one could be so senseless and stupid but here i am. Now how can i go back without having that same embarrassing feeling, knowing i could run into someone who witnessed the calamity? Or even worse, seeing the actual fellow i almost hit. What i did was dangerous and the embarrassment was unbearable. I think this gymfail will beat a lot of other gymfails out there. If my fail hadn't involved someone else i wouldn't be feeling so bad, but it did and i feel awful. **** ME. I'm hoping i can erase this incident from memory and guess i'll just have to crank the music right up when i go back to this gym for awhile. If you've got your own embarrassing gymfails- please share them.
    That does sound pretty embarrassing. As someone with limited experience of the gym (lasted just under a year!) I don’t have as many fails.
    One one piece of equipment. Not sure what it’s called you kind of can do chin-ups etc on it but it’s weighted to make it easier. I went up to it thought I’d give it a try. Read the instructions which weren’t particularly clear so did my normal of set it to a very low weight, work out what to do then increase the weight to what worked better. Or I tried that. It turned out that the higher the weight the easier it was so I stood on the plate and plummeted and was left hanging and trying to do actual chin ups. Thankfully a nice woman came over to save me as I was struggling to even get off! Didn’t use that machine much afterwards.

My mum learnt a lesson about going early in the morning after spending 10 minutes trying to get the treadmill to work to discover the power hadn’t been turned on yet. She felt like a bit of a fool!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.