Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im (hopefully) going to uni next year but I still can't decide between taking a NatSci or a ChemEng courseIf any of you are taking either courses or just have any help for me that'd be greatly appreciated !
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fin.brolls)
    Im (hopefully) going to uni next year but I still can't decide between taking a NatSci or a ChemEng courseIf any of you are taking either courses or just have any help for me that'd be greatly appreciated !
    Do you want to study science or engineering? Are you interested in a career in engineering?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know exactly what job prospects are for natural sciences graduates are but I know that chem eng graduates are some of the highest paid graduates.
    Every day I change my mind between the two subjects so Im havjng a bit of a crisis
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What are your likely predicted grades?

If you are considering NatSci are you also considering Cambridge? If so you can move from NatSci to ChemEng after the first year there, even if you didn't originally apply for the ChemEng route.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    What are your likely predicted grades?

If you are considering NatSci are you also considering Cambridge? If so you can move from NatSci to ChemEng after the first year there, even if you didn't originally apply for the ChemEng route.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my predicted grades are A*A*A and no I haven't really thought about going to Cambridge as I don't think I'd be that suited to such an academic place, I'd much prefer somewhere like Leeds / Manchester etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    my predicted grades are A*A*A and no I haven't really thought about going to Cambridge as I don't think I'd be that suited to such an academic place, I'd much prefer somewhere like Leeds / Manchester etc
    Ok, although NatSci and/or ChemEng is "academic" no matter where you study it.

It might be worth at least visiting them, and discussing course options to help you decide. As I said, they are very flexible about things like this - it's one of the benefits of studying at Cambridge.

NatSci: https://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/...nts/admissions
    ChemEng: https://www.ceb.cam.ac.uk/undergradu...ctive-students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.