Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i'm 16 and my boyfriends 20 Watch

My boyfriend isn't 20 and I am 16 but we haven't told anyone about our relationship except from our parents, only because my boyfriend is scared nobody will agree and will say stuff. We are in love but I'm concerned that he wont ever want to tell anyone because of the 4 years age gap. I'm asurred that it's legal to have sexual intimacy but with dating I have no clue. HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend's a paedophile and anyone who disagrees probably is one too.

ReputationRep:
    Your bf is a pedo b. That's all you gotta worry about .

maybe when ur older?

(Original post by Anonymous)
      My boyfriend isn't 20
      is this a typo ?

ReputationRep:
      4 years isn't massive, and maybe the OP has a very mature personality and looks very mature too. I don't think you could go as far as calling him a paedophile, I mean if she (I assume you are female) were 17 would you? Probably not, and that's only one year older.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by catmckie)
      4 years isn't massive, and maybe the OP has a very mature personality and looks very mature too. I don't think you could go as far as calling him a paedophile, I mean if she (I assume you are female) were 17 would you? Probably not, and that's only one year older.
      And if she was 1 year younger then he'd be a paedo. Please stop trying to excuse predatory behaviour. If you're 20 the lowest you can really go is 18, it's an unwritten rule but that's just how it is.

ReputationRep:
      Also I think the biggest way paedophiles are defended is because the victim is "mature" . Gtfo.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by offsetWHOOP)
      Also I think the biggest way paedophiles are defended is because the victim is "mature" . Gtfo.
      Calling someone a paedophile is a massive accusation that should not be said so lightly. You do not know him nor her or their relationship. Think before you say something like that.

ReputationRep:
      Once you're 18, no one will give a ****.

ReputationRep:
      unlucky mate, have fun with a pedo

ReputationRep:
      Calling someone a paedophile is a massive accusation that should not be said so lightly. You do not know him nor her or their relationship. Think before you say something like that.
      Oh look at you taking the moral high-ground. If you're 20 and going out with a 16yo then yes you are a paedo and that's embarrassing. End of story.

all girls at my sixth form be dating 18 + guys, like ***** sit the fuk down, annoys me so much bruv

ReputationRep:

On TSR I have heard that word used to describe men in their 40's dating women in their 20's.........

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ANM775)
      On TSR I have heard that word used to describe men in their 40's dating women in their 20's.........
      On TSR ive seen old men like you defend men going out with teenagers.

ReputationRep:
      It's not socially acceptable but it isn't paedophilia, I don't think many people know what it means.

ReputationRep:
      On TSR ive seen old men like you defend men going out with teenagers.

lmao just a sec let me fetch my zimmerframe

do you know what a peadophile is?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ANM775)
      lmao just a sec let me fetch my zimmerframe

do you know what a peadophile is?
      Oh old man, did I say paedophiles? I said you're defending old men going out with schoolgirls which is exactly what you do you sad loser

ReputationRep:
      Oh old man, did I say paedophiles? I said you're defending old men going out with schoolgirls which is exactly what you do you sad loser

which topic did I defend an old man going out with a school girl, you've totally made that up.

If there is an age gap and the persons are close in age but underage, or one person is above the age consent ..and the other person is noticeably older than the age of consent usually [but not always] I won't see what the massive deal is over it and will say the person is not a paedophile

it's pretty obvious you don't actually know what a paedophile is. I suggest you actually research a word before using it

ReputationRep:
      I wouldnt necessarily consider him a pedo, but I would definitely consider ending the relationship due to how you not having fully grown yet. If you were over 18 and were dating someone with a 4 year age gap then it would be okay but in your current situation it's just problematic.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.