Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i'm 16 and my boyfriends 20 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Rah all these people calling him a pedo don't pursue law as a career sksksk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    which topic did I defend an old man going out with a school girl, you've totally made that up.

If there is an age gap and the persons are close in age but underage, or one person is above the age consent ..and the other person is noticeably older than the age of consent usually [but not always] I won't see what the massive deal is over it and will say the person is not a paedophile

it's pretty obvious you don't actually know what a paedophile is. I suggest you actually research a word before using it
    You do it a lot actually. Then again you're very old, you've been here for 9 years damn...

You're a predator. Just own it.

Everyone knows what a paedophile is retard. But she's basically borderline anyway. But then again predators like you like to exploit young girl's naivety because you have no success with girls your own age, ****ing failures.

ReputationRep:
    You're legal, who cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offsetWHOOP)
    You do it a lot actually. Then again you're very old, you've been here for 9 years damn...

Everyone knows what a paedophile is retard. But she's basically borderline anyway. But then again predators like you like to exploit young girl's naivety because you have no success with girls your own age, ****ing failures.

obviously you don't know what a peadophile is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[1] A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.

and no I am not a predator/peadophile, the youngest I have dated was 18 ...not 8

nice try though

ReputationRep:

Why so aggressive? It's a forum, relax.

Also paedophilia isn't going out with someone under the age of consent, that's statutory rape. Why do you have to only be with someone your own age?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing logically wrong with your relationship, it's just not socially acceptable imo... It's early days yet though, I think you should enjoy your youth and find a man in your age group, rather than basically dating an adult and locking yourself down so early :/

> lol all these people screaming pedophilia have clearly never been to high school... grade 7s be going out with over 18+ y/o boyfriends and that's an age difference I don't even want to calculate. None of those relationships lasted anyway.

I had a 21 year old boyfriend when I was 16 too and we’re not together anymore simply because that big age gap you’re both at different points in your life and it is a bit wired when I told people it was ok with them they would question it.
    And the way I now see it is wht right minded 20 year old would be with a 16 year old girl what would his friends think they would defo call him a pedo...
    If you think you’re happy just really consider them points ^ were all young once and we learn from our mistakes
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    It's not socially acceptable but it isn't paedophilia, I don't think many people know what it means.
    Honestly, this is my biggest bugbear of TSR. Drives me mad.

ReputationRep:

Except for you, clearly. "Paedophile" is a term used to describe someone who is attracted to pre-pubescent children, i.e those who have not yet started to go through puberty. At 16, we can safely assume the large majority of teenagers are somewhere in the stages of puberty.

Also, don't insult someone because they disagree with your opinion. It just makes you look sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend isn't 20 and I am 16 but we haven't told anyone about our relationship except from our parents, only because my boyfriend is scared nobody will agree and will say stuff. We are in love but I'm concerned that he wont ever want to tell anyone because of the 4 years age gap. I'm asurred that it's legal to have sexual intimacy but with dating I have no clue. HELP!!
    Age gap isn't big, main difference is that you're under 18. If you are worried about what people think of your relationship, maybe you shouldn't be in it,
    people will find out about it either way. It's also questionable why he would choose someone younger than him, because generally you'd want to date people your age.

My ex dated someone who was 16 and he turned 20 a month later. Didnt work out bc she was too immature for that age.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend isn't 20 and I am 16 but we haven't told anyone about our relationship except from our parents, only because my boyfriend is scared nobody will agree and will say stuff. We are in love but I'm concerned that he wont ever want to tell anyone because of the 4 years age gap. I'm asurred that it's legal to have sexual intimacy but with dating I have no clue. HELP!!
    That’s so odd lmao. It might be legal but it’s saying a lot that a whole adult, a 20 year old man can’t get a girl his age so he’s hanging by school gates to pick up barely legals. Girl, sis, love yourself and block his number. He’s a predator
    Where are you gonna go for your dates? Youth centre? 🤧you can’t even get into a bar or pub or watch an 18 so wtf is he doing with you unless it’s for nefarious reasons. Look into his past and you’ll likely find you’re not the first teenager he’s preyed on
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's ultimately your decision who you want to date and there will be a lot of times in life where you have to stop worrying what people think. That said, I dated someone much older when I was in school and it made life really difficult, we never fully fit in with each others friends and were just at really different points of life. Now I'm in my twenties I can't imagine dating someone that young, I find it a bit creepy someone did with me tbh and makes me feel bad for being part of it. I can't say you'll definitely regret it but I would think carefully if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    I always see you defending old men going out with young school girls. You've made a habit of it. I suspect you've been in such a disgusting relationship and feel the need to defend yourself. Dirty woman.
    I have never defended old men going out with school girls, in fact I strongly oppose it. Get your facts right.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.