The Student Room Group

Further Maths & Economics A Level Students

Hi guys if you take Econ or FM I was wondering how hard it is.
I'm not the best at Maths but I'm taking it for A-Level so I was wondering how big of a jump is it to throw in Further is well. Also do you finish FM in Yr12?

Economics students, how much maths is there, is there essays, is it politics related? And how hard is it in terms of content load , exams etc.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
It’s hard, but not impossible, I finished year 12 fm with an A, and I’m predicted an A* for the end of this year. However I would say that chances are your fm grade will be 1-2 grades lower than your normal maths because it’s harder. So if you’re getting comfortable As in normal maths, I would consider fm, but if you’re getting Cs in normal maths its best to take something else
As said above FM is hard, but it’s definitely doable! It depends on how much work you’re prepared to put in as well, I definitely would say it takes up time outside of lessons to do well. It contains very interesting maths though and I really enjoy it! I also take economics and it contains a lot less maths than I originally thought it would! ( still a very interesting subject nonetheless) There is some maths in econ but nothing complex. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions 😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest