Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What is your definition of evil? Do you think there is an objective meaning to it, in a real world sense?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    people who take my food without asking

ReputationRep:
    someone who doesnt consider someone elses feelings when saying something or doing an action, or someone who likes seeing people suffer or be upset or is willing to make someone suffer for their own gain

ReputationRep:
    All your modules being assignment free until the final 2 months, when every lecturer decides to set assignments with the same deadline.

ReputationRep:
    evil
    /ˈiːv(ə)l,ˈiːvɪl/

noun
    1. a very arrogant liberal

ReputationRep:
    I would define evil, in general, as the deliberate (so not merely a product of mental illness or an accident) disregard for morality and mortality surpassing a certain threshold of emotional, mental and physical pain. For example, I would definitely classify rape as evil, because it causes all three.

ReputationRep:
    Deliberately making life 'hell', disregarding feeling for other mortals; humans and animals, deriving pleasure from their pains.

ReputationRep:
    Evil would be the deliberate and continued repetition of acts that are considered morally reprehensible.
    Cruelty of any kind, abuse, rape, murder etc
    However, each person has their own perception of what is moral so there isn’t a set standard

ReputationRep:
    Alan Titshmarsh.

ReputationRep:
    A level Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Me

ReputationRep:
    True evil can only exist in a world of objective morality, which we do not have because we are subjective beings. However, the greatest bad is the unnecessary infliction of pain. An ideology that calls for the infliction of eternal suffering on subjective beings would thus be the embodiment of pure evil.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.